Pictures, video & Photoshop Forum If you want to show off your photoshop skills, share pics and videos of your car or other cars you've found, here's the place to go.

Comp Safari/Dune Buggy me & friend built :D

Old 01-01-2009, 04:21 PM
SillyFezzaMk1
Rubber Rhino Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comp Safari/Dune Buggy me & friend built :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1b36MnBQ0Eg

Check this link out guys, this is my mate Lee driving a buggy we jointly desinged and made at his workshop in Stoke....the aim being to produce a kit-car kit and sell the bits. We spent many many hours working on suspension designs and on the buggies 1st outing at an event things look good. It outdid all of the landrovers at a track, some were very highly specced with locking axles, raised etc....
Our buggy is 2wd and based on believe it or not a Honda Jazz 1.4 CVT drive. For those of you who are interested do a wiki search on CVT and you'll see the advantages over a normal gearbox.

A benefit of the Honda Jazz CVT is that it has flappy paddle, Low range (very very good for off roading), sport mode and manual mode. We built a test buggy before investing time into this project and it got hammered for hours at a time full boar and the engine/ box stood up to the task no problem, even ate up full throttle jumps (normally fucks up shafts and boxes when you land with the throttle open)...for videos of the mk1 prototype see 'more videos from user' on youtube.

Anyhow comments welcome....just something we've been doing in the evenings as we both like tearing around fields and tracks in buggies

P.S. He has a honda pilot single seater buggy with a 140bhp 800cc rotax engine (from a snow mobile), originally 40bhp from factory....thats what got me hooked on off roading....it has a scooby diff in the thing and fiddle brakes to get you round the corners proper mental machine....see here http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OSUtjXdk-7s&NR=1 and here http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_twG7J...eature=channel (1st outing)

Cheers
Dan

Last edited by SillyFezzaMk1; 01-01-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They both look like a good laugh but the single seater looks most fun, looks like it goes a bit too!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:58 AM
SillyFezzaMk1
Rubber Rhino Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah the vids on youtube dont do it justice, last summer we went to an event with x2 honda pilots, one std 40bhp and his 140bhp one, he won the 800-1000cc class and I won the 400-600cc class both by a country mile...out of about 200 biggies we did really well....superb bits of kit.. honda fl400 the model number of the pilots.

Cheers
Dan