PassionFord FAQs This is a collection of frequently asked questions... "How do I become Gold?" "How do I post pictures?"

a moderator question

Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default a moderator question

as you are all probably aware, one particular mod is getting a lot of stick for dishing out bans and, apparently, starting his own private vendetta against anyone who he has deemed "worthy" of the ban hammer

having been a mod on a few sites in my time, none as big as pf i may add, i do realise it's a difficult job

my only issues is that this one particular mod seems to have been dishing out lots and lots of infractions for seemingly silly things recently and now that there is a target painted on him, more and more are coming forward with silly tales of infractions

i know you have a little room where you discuss the ins and outs of stuff from time to time, so perhaps it's time to discuss this issue as it has got the natives more than a little restless and i'm sure you can understand why we feel things have gotten a little out of hand recently

i know i've made a few jokes at his expense, but you know i'm just joking as i'm not one to get seriously serious about it, but if everyone is scared to say something in case they get infracted/banned, it's almost like pf is turning into not the place to be anymore

thanks for reading
Old 05-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no idea who your talking about but if rules have been broken one can expect an infraction or a bann,also some mods are more active than others so they get the shit end of the stick,but unfortunately someone has to do the job.
so really theres nothing to talk about in out special room
Old 05-06-2013, 09:22 PM
STeve

Received 864 Likes on 692 Posts

Dojj what Pete has said is bang on the money you know that, some mods are more active so do more as and when required and are very different in many ways, as far as I'm concerned nothing is ever of a personal nature and where needed is discussed but not in regards the situation that arose tonight as it was clear cut. over the past 10 years PF has changed but mainly due to lots of legal requirements as the site could not remain as is or it would be stuck in a time warp, chill pills need to be swallowed by the pf database and a nights sleep had before letting emotions overtake common sense
Old 05-06-2013, 09:45 PM
dojj

i totally understand the reasoning behind the bans, i do not have a problem with someone looking at a rule and then interpreting it in a way that they have

all i was enquiring about was the lengths of bans and the swiftness of their issue

a one day ban, a weeks holiday, that sort of thing used to be something to be discussed about in a room somewhere with everyone explaining (in their own words) why said person had been banned for whoever long and everything was out in the open

now it seems that the bans happen, and then any further mentions of the whys or the how longs gets binned as well

we all know that the lexness of the moderation had been questioned in the recent years, but it's now feeling like there is no more room for maneuver, let along any worth in negotiating the length as they all seem to have a "you've been banned, it will never be lifted" attached to it

the feeling is now that there is not much fun left on the forum and whereas before you'd get a cheeky reply in return, now it's more likely to be points and bans
Old 05-06-2013, 10:00 PM
STeve

Received 864 Likes on 692 Posts

ban times are flexible mate but some people simply go too far and cant be overturned but others as you mention are simply a chill out period and still happen, warnings and infractions are there just to prod folk along the right path, but some just don't like to be poked and turn bite your head off
Old 06-06-2013, 06:42 AM
dojj

Cheers for the reply steve

Hopefully thing will be different this morning after everyone has calmed down and had another look at things, although I'm not sure if that thread is still up or not, I'll go and have a look