Other Marques Use this section for any non Ford marques.

ST24 buying advice please

Old 10-07-2004, 03:14 PM
_rick
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ST24 buying advice please

Hello people.

Newbie here so be nice!

I'm off to look at a 2001 ST24 on Monday and I'm hoping for some advice on what to look out for, and if there are any common problems with these cars. I'll be looking out for general signs of excessive wear on the inside and in the engine but its fairly low miles (31000) so I'm expecting it to be spotless.

Anyways, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Rick
Old 12-07-2004, 01:17 PM
percybigun
Twistin me melon man

check for wear on front wishbones and bushes, and signs of head gasket failure (very expensive to fix)

check out www.fordmondeo.org forums and www.stownersclub.com you will get some detailed info
Old 19-07-2004, 03:38 PM
JamieMS
PassionFord Regular

I've a 00-w in Panther Black. Lovely car the V6 is an easy drive with power when you need it.

For 01 it should have no rust what so ever. It may have the RSA bodykit. Make sure the 6-disc CD changer is under the front passanger seat. Check the air-con is working. Abs and traction control work and all the switch gear.
Option extra's it could have are rear parking sensors and side airbags (in the seat sides)

hope that helps.
Old 31-08-2004, 08:36 PM
pantera24
Virgin

also check for uneven tyre wear as the tracking is a nightmare.
general wear and tear is expected from ford but take close attention to the bolsters at the sides of the seats and the rear splitter.
also, the mondeos are a bugger for serious leaks in the rear lights. mine has that problem at the minute. to check for this, forget damp in the carpet as this can be easily dried - check the spare wheel for any rust stains and the jack - if this is russty, you have a small prob but its peanuts to fix as long as the water ingress is not too bad.
the last thing i would check is the exhaust - its extremely expensive to replace so make sure there are no holes in the back box - if its a real st it will be on the right hand side

hope this helps
if you are looking for sound advice the mondeo enthusiast group or cheshiremondeos.co.uk helped me loads
its worth a look
Old 24-01-2005, 02:40 AM
plater
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

I have just bought a 98 R plate ST24 just recently and have to say i am well impressed, it came with 70,000 miles, spotless bodywork and bodykit, half leather, 6 disc cd system, air con, traction control, abs and a scorpion stainless system fitted by the previous owner. It cost me £2000 which was probably its money but its a whole lot of car for not much cash really, given that only two years ago the same car would probably have cost me nearer £5000, depreciation.......... you've gotta love it