Other Marques Use this section for any non Ford marques.

Vauxhall electrics.

Search this Thread

Old 27-12-2011, 09:51 PM
JamesR1
Anybody for a brew?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vauxhall electrics.

Hi Guys one for the Vauxhall boys on here maybe Chip..
Right my mate has a MK4 Astra van that has been converted using a Coupe as a donor vehicle to run the 2.2 ecotec engine same as the one in the Astra Sri and in Vectras.
Now he wants to put in the gauges out of a calibre turbo (battery & oil pressure)
So I’ve got the earths, feeds and what not all connected and working.

But I’m a little stumped with the trigger feed for the oil pressure gauge. I’v heard that it can be hooked up to the existing feed from the oil pressure switch to the ECU but don’t want to do this without knowing its 100% safe.

Reading about I hear that when these gauges were used on the C20 XE, and such the switch/sender had to be swapped with a Vauxhall bought item. But I’m not too familiar with Vauxhalls and don’t know if this is the case with the X22SE.

The Oil pressure gauge appears to work on resistance because when powered up with no sender attached the gauges goes up to 5Bar.. I duno if this helps.. I’m confident with electrics just never had any experience with putting Oil Pressure gauges in and not with Vauxhalls.

Cheers in advance for any help.. I know I shouldn’t be wasting web space asking Vauxhall questions on a Ford forum but I’m not on any Vauxhall forums.