Other Marques Use this section for any non Ford marques.

Pulsar GtiR Clutch issues???

Old 20-09-2011, 08:39 PM
big hyndy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pulsar GtiR Clutch issues???

Just bought my mates Pulsar off him thats lay in his drive for the last 3 year deteriorating. its only done about 300 miles in the last 4 years when it had a brand new clutch and transferbox fitted at Falkland Performance.

The car was last driven in july but just fired up and taken round the block to blow the cobwebs away, i collected the car yesterday and the clutch pedal was on the floor so towed it to the garage and bled the clutch with no luck of a pedal. i then flushed the fluid out and put fresh stuff in as it was black then tried again. Nothing!

After looking at the bigger picture noticed that the slave cylinder was fully extended. It appears to be stuck but wont go into gear when the car is running?

I know jack about Pulsars and im just wondering if anyone can give me pointers on what it could be? All i havent tried is to bump start it in gear to see if it will dislodge itself but the battery is on charge and al be trying this tomo after work.

All advice welcome and will be a big help if anyone can help

Cheers!

Callum.
Old 22-09-2011, 07:50 PM
steve4i
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the slave is bolted on the outside of the box on these aint it?

it may have seized up over time with lack of use or try or try opening the nipple and see if it will push back if it doesnt then it is well and truely seized up
Old 02-10-2011, 07:29 PM
big hyndy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took the box off and the clutch out and the pressure plate had siezed bounced it off the deck a few times and its working now.

Still wouldnt bleed so we have got a master cylinder there to change over and hopefully we'll be back on the rd in no time