Other Marques Use this section for any non Ford marques.

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 02:26 PM
pdubz
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

Hi all i'm new here and i'm in need of some help please,

i just bought a 98 mondeo that kept over heating so i let my mate take a look (as he suppose to know about cars) and he's rewired my fan because he said it wasn't coming on, since he did that when i turn off and take key out the engine still ran for a couple seconds the stipped, so i'm driving down M25 11;30pm it decides to die, i call for recovery and they said "someone has wired the fan to the coil pack" so i've told my mate about this and he changed a fuse and when it didnt work he said he doesn't know what's happen.

when i turn key all lights work as do all electrics but when i turn it to start engine A BIG FAT NOTHING doesn't even click, i cant hear the fuel pump or anything

can somebody please help as i'm lost without a car (you really dont know how much you depend on a car till it goes wrong)

anyway many thanx in advance

paul.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:46 PM
pdubz
Virgin

i just had someone change the coil pack and still nothing, the guy said it could be something to do with the purple wire with black strip coming from coil pack, thats the wire that was used to wire fan up.

does anyone know what this wire is for or where it goes??
Old 07-01-2011, 02:48 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First thing to do is not let morons like your mate touch your car, sort the wiring then check the fuses, esp the main power feed fuses, the larger ones in the fusebox.
tabetha
Old 07-01-2011, 03:09 PM
pdubz
Virgin

HI, thanx tabetha but i'm not sure what or where i'm looking, i followed wires the from the coil pack plug around the back but it all went into a black case surrounding all the wires
Old 07-01-2011, 03:13 PM
pdubz
Virgin

MORON is pleasant compared to what i called him lol
Old 07-01-2011, 05:46 PM
steve4i
Regular Contributor

make sure the green wire hasnt been chopped either in the wiring that goes to the coil pack also as stated check all the main fuses big ampage ones. does the ignition lights go off when you crank it? if so try a boost pack or jump starting the car