Other Marques Use this section for any non Ford marques.

Ford Ka Help please!.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 07:51 PM
xmashx
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Ka Help please!.

I own a 1999 1.3 ford Ka. And ive had a ton of problems with it. Recently its been juddering when im parked up and the cars in neutral. Loosing power when i accelerate and then suddenly every now and then gets a boost of energy.
When this happened the first time i found out it was due to my clutch so i had a new one put on at the middle of last year. And it was running fine after.
The next time it happened it was due to my spark plugs and leads and they all got change around november december time. And it was running fine after.
And this time I'm at a loss Ive been told it could be filters, my feul pump and censors.
Any help and advice would be great. The majority of things my dad can do. But would like to know if what people are telling me could be right?
thanks
Sachax
Old 11-05-2010, 07:57 PM
LukeDaisley
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

it could be alot of things. personally i would change fuel filter, HT leads, and coil. then go from there
Old 12-05-2010, 07:37 PM
xmashx
Virgin

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna get the feul filter changed bt ive already changed the ht leads.
sachax
Old 12-05-2010, 10:55 PM
duderacing
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Might be a vacume leak. Check all the vacume hoses to see if they're perrished/badly connected. Mine were leaking and it caused horrible idlig and acceleration.
Also, keep ontop of the valve clearances as this can ruin the running, performance and economy of these motors.
Coil packs can be a bit iffy on these, but pretty expensive to replace, so check the other bits first.
Old 13-05-2010, 05:20 PM
xmashx
Virgin

Thanks. Gonna get my dad to check these things out. If not im gonna take it to the garage. Just didnt want to pay to have it looked at by a mechanic if the problems easy to solve at home. As it seems like a waste of time and money.
Thanks for the help.
sachax