Other Marques Use this section for any non Ford marques.

MK III Mondeo 2.0L Zetec White Smoke!

Search this Thread

Old 26-03-2010, 07:47 PM
ollie240585
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MK III Mondeo 2.0L Zetec White Smoke!

Hi everyone, not been on here in such a long time and its bad that I have to come on here to report problems.

I have just taken the MK III Mondeo out for a trip to KFC, along a small road was some cyclists so i slowed down for a space in the oncoming traffic to over take them. When theres a space I put my foot down.

Unfortunately for the cyclists my car then bellows out a massive amount of white smoke (it was getting dark so can't be 100% sure of the colour but it was either white or gray). I drive the car slowly and pull over. Give the engine a few revs and it appears to be chucking out white smoke at about 4,000 - 5,000 RPM. Also when the car starts bellowing out smoke there is also a slight miss fire and power holds back. Below this the car drives fine, no signs of abnormal smoke.

After eating my delicious KFC I thought I'd come on here and ask for your ideas.

I'm quite mechanically minded and will look at it in more depth tomorrow. My initial thoughts are Head Gasget but I am really hoping this is not the case! There is also a slight oil leak coming from the cam chain side of the engine....somewhere, but it's been so small I have never bothered to investigate it further, don't know whether this could be related or not.

Good news is tomorrow I'm finish the clutch on my 1.8 ZVH Orion Turbo so I may just torch the mondeo and rag this around instead!! lol.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice guys.

Ollie
Old 27-03-2010, 07:25 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HG, is my suggestion, the zetecs also tend to develop a fissure crack that needs machining out of the head by re facing, so the sooner it is done the better, had to do me dads a few years back, but that was cos the dopey git topped the x tank up full to the brim, as his old skool ways!!
tabetha