Ford Range This section is for other models in the Ford range.

Scorpio Cosworth

Old 01-09-2013, 02:02 PM
JGR
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scorpio Cosworth

Hi, This is my first question as a newbee. Can anyone help me out of a big problem i now find myself in. I have a scorpio cosworth, frog eye model which is my pride and joy, well it was up untill 4 months ago. I started getting problems with the engine loom in several places, insulation breaking off and shorting out. Not much fun at 70 mph on the outside lane on the A13 and the engine dies. Trying to find a good second hand one or even a crap one is like trying to find some rocking horse poo!!I decided to look for a new loom. I then came across BESPOKE LOOMS, run by a Mark Rogers, BIG BIG MISTAKE. I explained what was happening and he said he knew of the problems and had made loads in the past. I had my loom removed, which resulted in more damage to it and took it to him. He said it was not a problem and could make a new one for 350 to 450 pounds depending on how many new plugs would be needed. After a couple of weeks I phoned him to ask how it was going and he said that only one plug would have to be changed and that he could do the loom for 350 pound. 4 months later and I am still waiting. He does not answer the phone, does not reply to texts or messages. I have driven down to his place a couple of times, which is over a 2 hour round trip and he wasn't there. But I am sure he is still working. I now have a car that is worth 250 pounds scrap. Trying to find somebody else to make one is proving extremely hard and any response has been, " I need the original loom " and then the quotes have been 4 figures. So as you can see I am up to my neck in the brown stuff. I would be grateful for any help.