Motorcycle Chat & Sales We do fast cars and fast bikes. Keep the bike chat and adverts in here please folks!

Finally finished my Gixxer 750..!!! Pics....!!!

Search this Thread

Old 18-05-2010, 01:47 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally finished my Gixxer 750..!!! Pics....!!!

Ive finally put the finishing touches on to my K8 750. Im so pleased with it! Just gave it a clean so thought id stick some pics up....

Old 18-05-2010, 02:46 PM
phatford
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

dat for real fam, dat looks sick as fook init
Old 18-05-2010, 02:46 PM
GrimV8
Smokin'

I like
Old 18-05-2010, 03:36 PM
RSNUT!
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phatford
dat for real fam, dat looks sick as fook init
oi u fucking dick, talk properly or dont talk at all, serioulsy no one gets what u have to say, ur just making urself look a complete an utter prat!

this is a mature ford site for enthusiasts, not boy racer fucking chavs like you,
Sort it out or piss off!!!

P.s sorry for spaming on ur thread!

Bike is nice too but they aint my thing tbh...

Last edited by RSNUT!; 18-05-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 18-05-2010, 03:46 PM
rsturbo27
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

fuking hell man u a stress head chill the fuk out or u is gonna die of a art tack aint it
Old 18-05-2010, 04:08 PM
BlackRs
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by rsturbo27
fuking hell man u a stress head chill the fuk out or u is gonna die of a art tack aint it
LOL

Lovely looking bike mate. Have never been too keen on marchesini wheels until now. great attention to detail also
Old 18-05-2010, 04:12 PM
TOMMY_RS
SHITE!

looks nice does that mate mirrors look slightly 2 big though !?!
Old 18-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

looks lvery nice. I would recomend changing the front brakes to r1/r6 calipers though as i found the front brakes on my k7 thou utter wank. Cheap and very effective upgrade
Old 18-05-2010, 06:35 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thanks for the comments.

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
looks lvery nice. I would recomend changing the front brakes to r1/r6 calipers though as i found the front brakes on my k7 thou utter wank. Cheap and very effective upgrade
To be honest mate i cannot fault the brakes on this, there great, and even better with the braided lines. Probably one of the things i like most about the bike. Need to change the pads for some carbone lorraines though as the standard ones are not quite up to the job when red hot in my opinion.

Might even go for brembo's if i can justify it to myself somehow.
Old 18-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow that's lovely

Any before pics?

How much do a fancy set of wheels cost then?
Old 18-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by S1rst
Thanks for the comments.

To be honest mate i cannot fault the brakes on this, there great, and even better with the braided lines. Probably one of the things i like most about the bike. Need to change the pads for some carbone lorraines though as the standard ones are not quite up to the job when red hot in my opinion.

Might even go for brembo's if i can justify it to myself somehow.
I'm guessing you havent owned or riden a r1/r6 with the monoblock radial calipers then? I jumped off an 04 r1 onto the k7 and the first thing i noticed was how shocking the brakes are, its not so much the out and out power of the brakes but more the spoungy soft feeling from them.

Trust me get them changed you wont regret it and it will only cost you 200 snots all in for calipers good hoses, good fluid and good pads
Old 18-05-2010, 09:04 PM
jammerrs
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm guessing you havent owned or riden a r1/r6 with the monoblock radial calipers then? I jumped off an 04 r1 onto the k7 and the first thing i noticed was how shocking the brakes are, its not so much the out and out power of the brakes but more the spoungy soft feeling from them.

Trust me get them changed you wont regret it and it will only cost you 200 snots all in for calipers good hoses, good fluid and good pads
my dad put r6 blue spots i think he said there called on his bike, along with the sinted pads after the ones that came with the calipers wore out he said its the best things hes done to it

look the business too

absolutely love this bike

Last edited by jammerrs; 18-05-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 18-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the blue pots were the early no radial mounted brakes, the gold pots are the r1 calipers and the silver pots the r6 (not sure if they do any others tbh) in the radial mount calipers.
Old 18-05-2010, 10:26 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yes mate ive been on an 08 R1 and i wouldnt say the brakes were any better at all, in fact id say not quite as good if anything. Maybe it depends on the bike and what pads are in, who knows. Or maybe the brakes on your K7 were not quite right? Unless it was a K7 1000, in which case, they are not as good as the 600/750, probably due to the weight difference. Saying that, i had a K6 before and i believe the K8 use the same calipers but these brakes on my new one seem much better than the K6 brakes.

Lambchop, the forged marchesini's are around Ł1500 for the pair. Not cheap, but worth the money in my opinion as you can always get around a Ł1000 back fro them when you sell the bike. Its one of the only mods that improves every aspect of the bike, the performance, the accelleration, the handling, the brakes. Saying that, maybe thats why my brakes feel much better than my K6's.

It was a totally standard bike before mater. Basically, most of the carbon you see now was either blue or white. I was going to get the white 'suzuki' stickers on the belly pan and the white on the main fairings done in gold to match the wheels, but im pretty happy with it how it is now so think ill leave it.

Last edited by S1rst; 18-05-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 18-05-2010, 10:39 PM
RstAaron.
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Ah hell. This doesn't help. Gonna have to do my bike test now. Lovely looking bike mate.
Old 19-05-2010, 09:17 AM
SYMC0X

Originally Posted by RSTAaron
Ah hell. This doesn't help. Gonna have to do my bike test now. Lovely looking bike mate.
do it..

nice looking bike i am from rotherham got a blue and white srad 600 myself will give you a wave if i spot you while im out.. i'm sure i won't miss you with a bike as unique as that.
Old 19-05-2010, 09:51 AM
shaun_focus4x4
Regular Contributor

abit of carbon fibre would finish it off nicely
Old 19-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by S1rst
Yes mate ive been on an 08 R1 and i wouldnt say the brakes were any better at all, in fact id say not quite as good if anything. Maybe it depends on the bike and what pads are in, who knows. Or maybe the brakes on your K7 were not quite right? Unless it was a K7 1000, in which case, they are not as good as the 600/750, probably due to the weight difference. Saying that, i had a K6 before and i believe the K8 use the same calipers but these brakes on my new one seem much better than the K6 brakes.

Lambchop, the forged marchesini's are around Ł1500 for the pair. Not cheap, but worth the money in my opinion as you can always get around a Ł1000 back fro them when you sell the bike. Its one of the only mods that improves every aspect of the bike, the performance, the accelleration, the handling, the brakes. Saying that, maybe thats why my brakes feel much better than my K6's.

It was a totally standard bike before mater. Basically, most of the carbon you see now was either blue or white. I was going to get the white 'suzuki' stickers on the belly pan and the white on the main fairings done in gold to match the wheels, but im pretty happy with it how it is now so think ill leave it.
Dont know then but it was the first thing i noticed when i jumped on my k7 comign of an 04 r1, and the fact that it is a very very commen mod for the gixxer 6 750 and thou but mainly the thou in my experience. Maybe your other mods are enhancing the brakes but personally i think the standard brakes are utter plop and so do a lot of other owners hence the amount of people who have swapped to the monoblock r1/r6 jobbies
Old 21-05-2010, 02:59 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

stunning! would love that!
Old 11-06-2010, 02:47 PM
ghigo
PassionFord Regular

very nicley done looks mint!!! love the choice on wheels too!, is the carbon on your fairings and that wrapped or a complete carbon unit?
Old 13-06-2010, 11:25 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheers.

ghigo, yes mate its all real carbon.