Ireland This is where members from Ireland can arrange their meets and chat together.

Northern Ireland - Insurance cover

Old 17-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Tony @ Greenlight
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Northern Ireland - Insurance cover

Hi Everyone,

We have altered our thread to show that we are able to cover Northern Ireland, as we've been asked by several members whether we can cover the region.

https://passionford.com/forum/insura...e-schemes.html

Schemes wise in Northern Ireland, we have classic, custom (retro modified), limited mileage and everyday mileage schemes available to cater for the older models. In addition to the more modern everyday schemes to cater for ST/RS type models.

In addition to Ford models we are also able to cover most other performance cars and modifications are not a problem to us (up to and including roll cages/nitrous oxide).

We are the approved Insurance provider for Mountune and in addition have included A.I. Autosport (Antrim) as one of our recognised tuners under our tuners with pedigree scheme.

Track cover is an option under some of our annual policies, so if you're thinking of visiting kirkistown we would be able to cover you there (or upon most other UK circuits).

We've been covering Northern Ireland since 2006, so if you have a performance car and need cover we would be happy to help

Kind regards

Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Greenlight; 17-11-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 27-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Maxwell
Irregular Poster

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I have seen you advertise on RMS in the past!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Tony @ Greenlight
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Hi Maxwell,

We've been supporting RMS for nearly 6 years now. Great bunch of people and great region of the UK!

Kind regards

Tony
Old 06-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Maxwell
Irregular Poster

you must have been on a different RMS...its fulla plebs! haha

nah some are actually good folk! You not contact jon44w?? more members on there!
Old 07-01-2012, 05:16 AM
NoRubNoDub
McGarrity Motorsport

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i honestly believe most of the members on jon44 could mate with vegetables.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Maxwell
Irregular Poster

Originally Posted by NoRubNoDub
i honestly believe most of the members on jon44 could mate with vegetables.
I know that!! But then again most drive tractor fuelled VAGS and 306 d-turbos, and they kick shite for a living. Farming cunts!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:05 AM
NoRubNoDub
McGarrity Motorsport

aye sir bai!! lol while quick wee d-turbine there that bez9672 there hi lol

completely different species to humans imo.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:08 PM
andy130
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

aye sir bai!! lol while quick wee d-turbine there that bez9672 there hi lol

completely different species to humans imo.
an what do you drive? really dont see how VW TDI are shit tbh,
Old 09-01-2012, 02:34 PM
N.Saph
New Ford sierra owner

you do get the odd vermen on both sides

but there are alot of decent folk on both parts
may be worth contacting jon44 for sponsor?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 AM
NoRubNoDub
McGarrity Motorsport

Originally Posted by andy130
an what do you drive? really dont see how VW TDI are shit tbh,
fiesta st, so what sort of Audi replica wheel and straight pipe have you got on yours then?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:57 AM
andy130
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

fiesta st, so what sort of Audi replica wheel and straight pipe have you got on yours then?
lol mate me putting audi wheels on a bora is just the very same as you putting the like of rs7 alloys on your st, an i ran magnex on my bora,

an when can you map a ford from say standard out of factroy at 150bhp to 190bhp? an shit load of torque? you cant, they would just go bang, i know of a golf that was mapped to 190 from 150 an it never has had turbo etc, got mapped at 90k now isnt far of 160k never has it let its owner down,
morden diesels (vw/audi/bmw) are VERY FAST once mapped, alot put turbo petrol cars to shame
Old 10-01-2012, 04:54 PM
NoRubNoDub
McGarrity Motorsport

Originally Posted by andy130
lol mate me putting audi wheels on a bora is just the very same as you putting the like of rs7 alloys on your st, an i ran magnex on my bora,

an when can you map a ford from say standard out of factroy at 150bhp to 190bhp? an shit load of torque? you cant, they would just go bang, i know of a golf that was mapped to 190 from 150 an it never has had turbo etc, got mapped at 90k now isnt far of 160k never has it let its owner down,
morden diesels (vw/audi/bmw) are VERY FAST once mapped, alot put turbo petrol cars to shame
so far i've seen a lot of st's on forums, cruises, shows etc i've only seen two out of literally hundreds with rs7's.
I don't understand why someone would replace a standard wheel with one that is so over used that it looks standard and they are always cheap nasty replicas. The raaaaa-pooh noise that comes with vag diesel with an exhaust is the most stupid noise known to man, i don't know how anyone could listen to it every time they change gear. It would drive me insane . I will agree there are some nicely modified vw out there but they are out numbered 100 to 1 by the felt specers.

Your 150bhp to 190bhp remap is a less than a 26.5% increase in power which is about right for any diesel remap. Most mappers claim around 30%, its the same for BMW's, Vauxhalls or any modern diesel really. Take a 2.2 mondeo lump 155bhp standard, a remap yields up to 200bhp (i've seen more but that's the average) which is a 32% increase in power.
as far as doing high mileage a ford is just as good if not better than a vw, for example the highest mileage i have ever seen is a mondeo taxi in my town with over 320k on the clock last time i seen it.
A mk1 focus is much more reliable compared to a vw golf or bora of the same age plus the parts and labor are cheaper.

second hand vw's are over priced because of the demand for them. for example a 03 focus

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/prices.../?yearplate=71

is over a grand cheaper than the same spec and age golf

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/prices.../?yearplate=71.

The focus is better equipped, better to drive and better looking inside and out and 50% cheaper.

plus a modern turbo diesel will never be as quick as modern turbo petrol in standard form, true you can remap them and have the power at a similar level but the petrol car will always use the power better and who say you can't remap the petrol car and put the diesel back in its box?

apologies to green light

Last edited by NoRubNoDub; 10-01-2012 at 05:06 PM.