Has classic policies changed??

Old 12-12-2015, 06:45 AM
J9ny x
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Has classic policies changed??

I insured my s2 turbo the last 3 years with performance direct that covered me to drive other cars third party, as my daily (navara) is on a commercial policy and doesn't allow it, this fitted in handy but now they have said they don't do it anybody know any insurers that do?
Old 12-12-2015, 11:40 AM
tony66
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Default driving other cars

slowly but surely they seem to all be doing away with it-its a massive grey area anyway as if you step out of the car and it isnt insured by a proper policy elsewhere its uninsured,a lot of policies have in the small print that it must be insured in any case by somebody else,so if it isnt you are not covered

even motor trade policies ask you to confirm you are solely in charge of the vehicle etc now for their policy to cover it...so no more getting your mate to stick it on his trade policy and cutting around in it third party ..

long gone are the days of my old eagle star policy when you had to tell them you had bought a new vehicle within a fortnight and got a certificate with no reg number and "any vehicle" owned by the insured-ahh bliss those were the days
Old 12-12-2015, 03:24 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi,
To be honest the vast majority of classic car schemes don't offer the benefit to drive other vehicles as in majority of cases most clients own a regular day to day car which most likely would have this benefit.
We do still have some scheme than can offer it. Obviously i couldn't say whether or not your details would qualify however if you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back to go through a quotation.
Regards,
Dan.