Insurance claim

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 11:21 PM
langer
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance claim

Hi guys, my mates son nudged into the back of a guy must be 2 months ago and the boy who was in the car in car in front which was an old y plate astra didn't want the police called and didn't want any insurance involved said it would be fine as there wasnt anything wrong. A few days after that he turned up at there door and said his car was a write off and he wanted £1500 they said no and later that day he came back and said there was a car advertised locally the same as his for £600 so if they just payed that it would be fine so they rang me and I told them to send the guy down to my garage and I would look at his car, the boy said the car was undriveable and we'd need to go to his house.
We went to the boys council garage about 3/4 days later for him to show us an Astra with no bumper on and very badly damaged n/s rear and quarter creased etc. Serious damage for a nudge and nothing wrong with my mates focus.
I said to the guy it would definatly be a write off and to go and get his insurance documents and exchange them with my mate who was with me again he was sheepish and said he didn't know where they were and even if he received any documents, so my mate said well find your documents and come and let us know he's never made any effort to contact my mate and my mate has rang him a few times and he's never bothered, today my mate received a letter saying that the boy was making a claim against him, just wondering where he stands
Old 08-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Acidburn
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

If there is no damage on the car and he has no texts etc from anyone connected to you then just say he followed you home and is trying his luck.

Sounds like he's just trying to pull a fast one, probably took the bumper off the car and reversed it into a post thinking he's onto money. Next you will find he'd try claim whiplash. Ask him what proof he has that it was the young lad that ran into him and why its taking him so long to inform his insurance.

Last edited by Acidburn; 08-12-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old 21-01-2013, 02:03 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

whats to stop the lad in the car behind wasn't reserved into by the old guy? and the lad behind didn't want to make a fuss as there was no damage?

actually, whats to say the lad actually hit him in the first place?

the whole point in having insurance is to repair big damage, not for poncing about like this, tell him to jog on, or shuffle on or whatever he's using to move about now he's imobilised with chronic whiplash
Old 22-01-2013, 08:00 PM
B15Risk
Part of the Furniture

Did your mate take pics of cars if so that could help .. I always take pics