Just received cover notes for our ring insurance from Keith Michaels

Old 06-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Just received cover notes for our ring insurance from Keith Michaels

Firstly a HUGE thanks to Matt for sorting it all.

Basically a few months ago I contacted Matt about wanting insurance for a trip we have coming up in october.

He informed me that he could provide us a policy that was with an underwriter who would do extensions to the insurance for trackdays on an ad-hoc basis for an additional fee.

The price of the policy was around 600 pounds, with all modifications declared on the car (its not massively modified, just mild engine mods and upgraded brakes and suspension) which was competitive anyway, in fact even insured as a standard car it would have cost us over 400 pounds with the cheapest insurer and the best modified quote was hardly any less than this one and wouldnt have allowed the ring extension, so it was a no brainer for us to be insured properly for such a small extra premium.

Matt informed us that we should give him one months notice when we wanted trackday cover, and that it would be around 60 pounds per day for cover to use on track and that this would include not just cover of the car like a lot of policies, but also 3rd party cover at the ring which was our primary concern.

I spoke to him this week to confirm the details, and for a premium of 240 pounds he has arranged cover for both myself and my girlfriend on our 172 for 4 days at the ring and was able to include free of charge cover for our 1 day at spa on the way back.

I am absoultely over the moon with the service, I absolutely love the ring but am always nervous about the insurance side of it, so IMHO this is very cheap peace of mind

Thanks again Matt
Old 06-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the ring, and you hit the barrier does that mean the barrier costs transport off the ring and getting home is all covered?

Be awesome if it is
Old 06-09-2012, 11:23 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Seems too good to be true...!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Spiky
On the ring, and you hit the barrier does that mean the barrier costs transport off the ring and getting home is all covered?

Be awesome if it is
With an increased excess (1500 pounds extra in our case) yes, although obviously things like repatriation is going to depend on the value of the car versus damage done and if it can be repaired locally etc.

Im sure for most of our cars it would end up written off locally in germany and then of course if you wanted to buy the salvage back I would imagine its your responsibility to get it home again once you have bought it.

Its the barrier and other track users 3rd party liability that I am keen to limit though, losing my car I can live with, I risk that on every UK trackday I do, but losing an extra 50K on top would be a bad day out, especially as short of selling property I dont have 50K in the first place
Old 06-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

Sounds good cover then
Old 06-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Chip

Agreed mate, seems fair on us and fair on the underwriters at the end of the day as obviously 60 quid a day is a lot of money for insurance, but trackdays represent a lot of risk, so that has to reflect in the premium.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Keith Michaels PLC
Former Sponsor

Search this Thread