PassionFord      

Go Back   PassionFord > Main area > General NON CAR Related Discussion.
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General NON CAR Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is NOT related to cars at all but wouldnt be classified as a post suitable for any of our other forum catagories.

Welcome to Passion Ford!
Welcome to Passion Ford.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Passion Ford today!

submit to reddit

Old 09-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
coswurv
PassionFord Post Troll

Trader Score: (8)
Send a message via AIM to coswurv Send a message via MSN to coswurv
Default Anyone built there own wooden garage

At the back of my garden i had a big brick double garage but it got taken down and just under half the land was sold to make way for a drieway for the house behind, i still have road access to the slab that is still there, basically i want to buy/build a wooden garage to store the cossie in and just wondered if anyone has done it ? as i could follow some plans and build one ?
If you were logged in, you wouldn't be seeing this ad!
Register your free account today, or log in if you already have an account.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
essex-monkey

Trader Score: (0)
Default shed

hi mate i bought one a few months ago 20ft x 12ft tounge & groove timber think it was a grand supplied and fitted
essex-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
coswurv
PassionFord Post Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by essex-monkey View Post
hi mate i bought one a few months ago 20ft x 12ft tounge & groove timber think it was a grand supplied and fitted

where from, have you got any pics, whats the quality like ?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
essex-monkey

Default shed

Hi mate mine come from birmingham somewhere , they charged £30 to put it up (not worth getting a splinter )

it was similar to this , pretty good quality obviously you get what you pay for .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOODEN-GAR...item3f1718a96f
Old 09-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
coswurv
PassionFord Post Troll

Did yours come with a base and do you keep your car in it ? Is it sturdy and safe
Old 09-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
essex-monkey

Yes mine came with a solid wood base but mine sits on a concrete base as well , my car will be in there this winter and see no reason why it won't be safe ��
Old 10-05-2012, 03:23 AM   #7
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Trader Score: (1)

Tbh when I looked into it unless you've already got the tools at hand or can get the hardware at good prices then it's easier to just pay the grand and get it done ASAP.
Check your insurance covers you for a wooden building though or mention it to them,not experienced it myself but apparently some don't like to cover a car kept in one cos of the increased fire risk etc.
There's some ruling about how far it is from your property/the road etc for the same reason.
I'm gonna be building a carport sort of thing myself this summer out of wood and Perspex corrigated sheets as I'm fenced on 2 of the 3 sides already,I love working with wood.
vaughant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:24 AM   #8
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Trader Score: (1)

Try eBay as well or a local place that will price match,most will.
vaughant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #9
V6 Ste
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by essex-monkey View Post
Hi mate mine come from birmingham somewhere , they charged £30 to put it up (not worth getting a splinter )

it was similar to this , pretty good quality obviously you get what you pay for .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOODEN-GARAGE-WORKSHOP-3-03m-x-5-9m-19mm-T-G-cladding-/270970431855?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Structures_F encing_CV&hash=item3f1718a96f
Built this same garage from this guy over easter but mine was 16 feet by 10 feet. It cost me 880 + 120 delivery. I would be very suprised if anyone would put this up for 30 quid as it comes in over 200 peices . There are 120 bits just for the roof ,the side panels are 6feet tall but only 3 feet wide and bolt together. The doors ,windows and roof struts all need assembling. Took me well over a week to do in the rain of course . Would recomend it though ,am well pleased with it. might be worth getting a nail gun tho as i knocked over 600 nails in with a hammer and a electric driver for the 200 screws
V6 Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:28 AM   #10
essex-monkey

Mine came in 10 parts and took two men two hours to assemble ( while I watched my sons school play ) that included felting the roof
Old 11-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #11
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Trader Score: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Ste View Post
Built this same garage from this guy over easter but mine was 16 feet by 10 feet. It cost me 880 + 120 delivery. I would be very suprised if anyone would put this up for 30 quid as it comes in over 200 peices . There are 120 bits just for the roof ,the side panels are 6feet tall but only 3 feet wide and bolt together. The doors ,windows and roof struts all need assembling. Took me well over a week to do in the rain of course . Would recomend it though ,am well pleased with it. might be worth getting a nail gun tho as i knocked over 600 nails in with a hammer and a electric driver for the 200 screws
so you bought a pile of wood not a garage
Old 11-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #12
V6 Ste
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Yeah my face was a picture when it arrived on a pallet and asked the driver when the rest was coming. i expected to have it up in an afternoon.
V6 Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:20 AM
PassionFord
Ford Focus

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
build, building, ebay, garage, garages, hamer, perffic, power, timber, wooden