General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone clued up on vw pd engines? Any vw techs?

Old 22-01-2017, 11:23 AM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts
Default Anyone clued up on vw pd engines? Any vw techs?

As title had an issue with my golf pd150 going into limp mode. I've fixed that as it was the turbo vains sticking. I have an active error for fuel temp sensor open circuit. Someone has removed the fuel temp sensor replacing it with a normal bit of fuel pipe it normally sits in the fuel return line. I've no warning lights and the car drives fine but what dose that sensor control. Will it affect the mpg as the ecu can't see a fuel temperature
Old 23-01-2017, 08:37 AM
silky16v
Get on That!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajamesc
As title had an issue with my golf pd150 going into limp mode. I've fixed that as it was the turbo vains sticking. I have an active error for fuel temp sensor open circuit. Someone has removed the fuel temp sensor replacing it with a normal bit of fuel pipe it normally sits in the fuel return line. I've no warning lights and the car drives fine but what dose that sensor control. Will it affect the mpg as the ecu can't see a fuel temperature
yes it will effect fueling it will default to around 90deg
quite a common hack i see for people to gain some extra performance or mpg but tbh its a bodge, go down scrap yard and remove the t-piece sensor and refit
Old 23-01-2017, 03:17 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by silky16v
yes it will effect fueling it will default to around 90deg
quite a common hack i see for people to gain some extra performance or mpg but tbh its a bodge, go down scrap yard and remove the t-piece sensor and refit
Cheers for the reply I thought it might ordered one from dark side

Search this Thread