General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Sole trader ECP and GSF accounts

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 09:09 AM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Sole trader ECP and GSF accounts

Is there any point? I won't have the buying power of a big company but would I save money over say the Internet discount weekends?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2016, 09:44 AM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

As a mechanic I get a really good discount on things but spend hundreds with them everyday
Old 07-12-2016, 10:31 AM
burnzy
burnzy

Thanks mate, I don't spend loads but it probably adds up over the year, I'm self employed and been thinking of getting vat registered as well, but I know it's all about the spending power.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:42 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles
Thanks mate, I don't spend loads but it probably adds up over the year, I'm self employed and been thinking of getting vat registered as well, but I know it's all about the spending power.
If u go in there and say my names so and so motors and show an invoice or something (make one up) and register it to your home address they'll open up a cash on delivery trade account.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:58 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Euro car parts are possible the worst parts suppliers ever our local one offers the same trade prices to anyone that walks in there and when trade complain it's tough shite they employ monkey's that don't know a starter motor to a wiper blade yet for some reason they manage to open the doors and do that each day without going out of business
Old 07-12-2016, 04:13 PM
andy888
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

joe public can buy cheaper online from euro car parts than i can get as an account holder. fact.

or they can walk in and ask for trade and get it the same price as me. making it difficult to put a wee bit of mark up on parts. you would think spending thousands per month would entitle you to a better rate than someone going in on a one off purchase.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts

The Euro I go to is brilliant, I tell the guy the eBay price and he does what ever he can to get the part close to that price, went in two days ago for a battery for my transit and he wanted Ł80, I said it's Ł59 for a cheap battery off eBay and he went away through the back and came back 2 minutes later saying he can do one for Ł60.

Timing chain tensioner for Sierra twin cam, Ł25 from eBay coming from Poland but I was needing it sooner, ford stealers wanted Ł99, euro were Ł55 then I told the guy the eBay price and he put it under some guys trade name and I got it for Ł27.

Can't complain personally
Old 07-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

And I know Euro don't match eBay prices but this guy clearly isn't a jobsworth and understands that if he doesn't give a decent discount then they will get no sale
Old 07-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by andy888
joe public can buy cheaper online from euro car parts than i can get as an account holder. fact.

or they can walk in and ask for trade and get it the same price as me. making it difficult to put a wee bit of mark up on parts. you would think spending thousands per month would entitle you to a better rate than someone going in on a one off purchase.
If you genuinely spend thousands (and by that I'm guessing 5k upwards) per month then you should be able to negotiate a better deal, you should also have won some nice prizes in their promotion which ended about a month ago which was related to your monthly spend, I got about Ł1200 worth of stuff inc a 49" Samsung 49" 4k UHD TV . I'd be speaking to the branch manager. There is no way a member of the public can buy at the same price as me..
Old 07-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay,
they employ monkey's that don't know a starter motor to a wiper blade yet for some reason they manage to open the doors and do that each day without going out of business
because 99% of thier business is simple warehouse logistics. Most the monkeys who work there only need to know how to pick up box 1234 from shelf A234 and put it in box d765. So for 99% of the work you dont need to employ anyone with any car knowledge whatsoever.

Its frustrating when you need to get a part from someone who understands at least the basics of the mechanic trade.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Warren theyou say money comes to money and must have highest staff turnover on the planet lol stopped using them now and use a small independent there cheaper faster and theyou have been in trade for years so very little mistakes to
Old 07-12-2016, 08:40 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Martin-Hadland
If you genuinely spend thousands (and by that I'm guessing 5k upwards) per month then you should be able to negotiate a better deal, you should also have won some nice prizes in their promotion which ended about a month ago which was related to your monthly spend, I got about Ł1200 worth of stuff inc a 49" Samsung 49" 4k UHD TV . I'd be speaking to the branch manager. There is no way a member of the public can buy at the same price as me..
Martin what you spend with them buys no loyalty lol managers are not in control of the stores just the staff the mangers are run with a iron rod . My son has been a department manager for them for years and recently left to work for the sister company lkq
Old 07-12-2016, 08:58 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Warren theyou say money comes to money and must have highest staff turnover on the planet lol stopped using them now and use a small independent there cheaper faster and theyou have been in trade for years so very little mistakes to
most people are stupid though jay. they will be happy with thier online 20% "black friday" or whatever discount, order the shite bits they want and be none the wiser. And thats how they are still in business.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:02 PM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

Only use euro for parts for daily drivers and haven't had a problem Warren
Old 08-12-2016, 12:09 AM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Must admit we've had loads of problems with them over the years but my boss is a cockney wheeler dealer of old lol and he grills the reps that come round and of course we use other suppliers too. Unbelievable some of the prices we get. My boss got a top of the range dishwasher, massive tv and loads of other stuff of them over the last year. If I'm buying stuff for my own car through work i always go on their website first and check the price joe public gets but when I phone up my price is so much cheaper sometimes it's shockingly cheaper. But my boss dose spend many many thousands a month with them. Everytjme we need a part for a car we phone round 2 to 3 places for prices first

Last edited by gcfcos; 08-12-2016 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:31 AM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Martin what you spend with them buys no loyalty lol
Well it works a bit differently in my neck of the woods I can tell you that
Old 08-12-2016, 08:14 AM
burnzy
burnzy

You do have to be careful with parts from both Euro and GSF, stick with the proper names and you'll be alright, I bought a GSF fuel pump relay whilst chasing down a starting issue on a z20let, in the end it turned out to be a split in the fuel hose inside the tank, roll on a few months and the car fails to start and no fuel, the brand new "standard" quality relay had failed and I ended up popping the old one back in that's been fine ever since, GSF used a picture of the correct relay on there listing but when turned up it was a generic black thing, but assuming in this day and age it shouldn't be hard to manufacture a simple relay right I left it in the car.

Either way it looks like if I don't spend mega money, which I don't, then I'm no better off with an account, does anyone hold a GSF account or Andrew page? Iv looked at that buycarparts.com website too and they have loads of OEM gear and would be advantageous to buy stuff discounted from them if possible but iv not even heard of them until recently.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:13 AM
furry
DECODING JIBBA JABBA!!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles
You do have to be careful with parts from both Euro and GSF, stick with the proper names and you'll be alright, I bought a GSF fuel pump relay whilst chasing down a starting issue on a z20let, in the end it turned out to be a split in the fuel hose inside the tank, roll on a few months and the car fails to start and no fuel, the brand new "standard" quality relay had failed and I ended up popping the old one back in that's been fine ever since, GSF used a picture of the correct relay on there listing but when turned up it was a generic black thing, but assuming in this day and age it shouldn't be hard to manufacture a simple relay right I left it in the car.

Either way it looks like if I don't spend mega money, which I don't, then I'm no better off with an account, does anyone hold a GSF account or Andrew page? Iv looked at that buycarparts.com website too and they have loads of OEM gear and would be advantageous to buy stuff discounted from them if possible but iv not even heard of them until recently.
eurocar parts now own Andrew page
Old 08-12-2016, 09:24 AM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by furry
eurocar parts now own Andrew page
And camberly auto factors. And we use all 3 lol