General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

New age Impreza STi to MK2 Focus RS. Anybody done it?

Search this Thread

Old 24-10-2016, 04:12 PM
p.cressie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New age Impreza STi to MK2 Focus RS. Anybody done it?

As title really.

Sold my last Ford RS over 11 years ago now, due to a growing family and Ford not offering anything family sized and fun I turned to Imprezas. Deep down always wanted to get back in something with an RS badge on the back.

I've had my current Blobeye STi for quite a few years now, apart from the usual wear and tear items its been faultless.

Really fancy a blue MK2 Focus, but just trying to justify it. If I was to get say 7-8k for the Impreza I'm still looking at adding another 12k to get a Focus 5 years younger. Obviously the Focus is better speced, and has 40bhp more. The biggest concern is going from 4wd to front wheel drive. Obviously you can go on test drives, but its getting one on the type of roads where i live, i.e B roads in the middle of no where, with crap road surfaces.

How did you find it going from 4wd to fwd?

Whats been the key to the MK2 holding its price so well, supply and demand, how good the car is or is it a case of right time right era with the rest of RS range going up in value?
Old 24-10-2016, 10:03 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

The key to it holding its price was the lack of mk3, like all RS's it will now steadily decrease, bottom out and tatty ones will stay low, enthusiast ones will climb a bit and top bollox unmolested low miles ones will be around the prices they are now

Same as every other RS
Old 25-10-2016, 09:44 AM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

I went from a mk2 frs to a v6 type r Sti limited and the frs wouldn't have touched the impreza on any road.
Had another mk2 and sold it to buy a bug eye sti but bought a saph instead.
I don't rate the mk2 for driving,they look good but are cheap inside and can't put the power down on a rough road.
The following users liked this post:
p.cressie (25-10-2016)