General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

too fussy or just procrastinating

Search this Thread

Old 22-07-2016, 09:34 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default too fussy or just procrastinating

When I lived at home I parked on the street and longed for a driveway. Then I moved in with a mate and we had a driveway and I longed for a garage. I bought my first place a few years back and it came with a driveway and brick built garage with up and over door. now its quite big for a single garage, the RS goes in there and plenty of room to get in and out and enough room for a tool box and shelves.

I find whenever I want to work on the car I need to move it onto the driveway. in fact since working on the car I have had the car on the drive wand the garage full of bits. Looking through some of the resto I threads on here, I see people restoring ars in single garage, any tips, as I just can’t see a way of doing it. I’d like to get my car painted at some point soon but to make sure it doesn't cost the earth I would strip it myself and assemble after paint (als to make sure corners aren’t cut)

anyone got any tips for utilising space well, or should I just aspire to own a double garage and get depressed that I cant afford to move right now. someone give me motivation…..
Old 22-07-2016, 10:53 AM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts

At our old house
Used to put it tight to one side and just get on with it
Buy boxes, label stuff up and move it into the house
The less clutter the better...
Just be organised and just plan your jobs
It can't all be done in one day
Old 25-07-2016, 11:29 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

yup gonna hopefully do some more on it tonight, haven't driven it since november
Old 25-07-2016, 12:43 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

I had this issue when i left fast ford mag and lost the use of huge workshop, had my 3dr in the garage, even parked close to one side i only just open the door wide enough to get...

most work had to be done on the driveway, which was on a steep slope so i had to drag the car out with the family car and chock the wheels etc as it didnt run.
and its rains a lot in the UK...
was a fucking ballache!

since moved and got a slightly bigger garage. but no project car so the garage is full of bikes lol