General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone having trouble waiting on parts from Ford distribution center in Daventry?

Search this Thread

Old 27-04-2016, 12:36 PM
mk22door
Fart of the Purniture

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Anyone having trouble waiting on parts from Ford distribution center in Daventry?

Hoping it's not just me...

I ordered a load of bits for an engine freshen up weeks and weeks and weeks ago and have been told it's all down to a hold up at the Ford parts distribution center in Daventry.

I've had the head, pressure tested, chemically cleaned etc and it's been sat waiting for two weeks for something to happen. Can't get on with the block either until i get the bits.

The bank holiday weekend is fast approaching and I'd hoped to have it put back together by then but still waiting on cranks seals, piston rings and other stuff and I'm getting pissed off now.

I wouldn't mind but I've had most of it sat in my ebay watch list for ages...well long enough for it to work it's way from the top to the bottom again, but I thought I'd do it right and get as many genuine parts as I could, and now it's probably too late to get them from the ebay vendors by Friday