General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

victim of van theft with no sign of damage

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ayaz
Exactly, they were so 'idiotic' to have placed their valuables in safe deposit boxes!

Like yourself then placing tools in the van with no security
Old 06-07-2015, 10:26 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 258 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Harris.
I don't have all the answers at all , as said I have a van WITH MORE THAN THE STANDARD SECURITY ON IT !!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't be that stupid to have items on it with standard locks .

And houses and diamonds have nothing to do with what this thread was started for so get back on track . If you think Loading a mk7 transit up with tools and leaving it parked out on the road is ideal then good luck too you .

Answers , Get security any normal person would say the same !
I can assure you, whatever great security you think you have....if someone wants into your garage to get your stuff, they'll be in it in seconds.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:32 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
I can assure you, whatever great security you think you have....if someone wants into your garage to get your stuff, they'll be in it in seconds.

If you make it easy for them your correct .
Old 06-07-2015, 10:37 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 258 Likes on 237 Posts

If you make it easy for them your correct .
Didnt realise your garage was Fort Knox.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:46 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Get real and go back to the subject ffs . my garage is as safe as I can have it . but as ive said if like a van it was parked down the road full of my tools or items I need to make a living id see the man below . This is the point that's not really sinking into your head .

A sierra cosworth /RS500 takes seconds to get into , so do I just leave it outside unlocked because of this ??? Or do I up the security ???? Not hard really is it .

Ring the guy below or someone like him near you and ask what he thinks .

Last edited by Harris.; 06-07-2015 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:48 PM
ayaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harris I think you need to wake up! If thieves want something, no matter what the cost they will come in to get it!!!!! My cousin had an rs4 on his drive £53k, you think the thieves thought "oh it has an alarm, let's get out of here"? They got into his house looking for the keys whilst they were konked out!!!!!
Old 06-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Harris I think you need to wake up! If thieves want something, no matter what the cost they will come in to get it!!!!! My cousin had an rs4 on his drive £53k, you think the thieves thought "oh it has an alarm, let's get out of here"? They got into his house looking for the keys whilst they were konked out!!!!!

Sorry ill wake up . Ill leave my Rs4 parked out on the road unlocked .

Ill also leave my Van outside on the road unlocked .

Oh and when I go to work , ill leave my front door open .

Old 06-07-2015, 10:58 PM
ayaz

Mate I think you do get sold by these adds, slam locks! !!! You obviously don't get it, if a thief wants something, they'll go to whatever lengths to get what they want, if my cousin wishes to put his car on his drive, locked and alarmed well then that's his choice! If he uses his car regularly you think he's going to put it in his garage everytime? Nope neither do i.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:04 PM
ayaz

And just for all those people reading this, yes I do feel had I installed a security alarm, the perpetrators probably would have fled, maybe I am a bit naive, hence why I've booked my van with Ford dealers to have an alarm installed. I've have had no break in my vehicle for over 12 years.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:08 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

And just for all those people reading this, yes I do feel had I installed a security alarm, the perpetrators probably would have fled, maybe I am a bit naive, hence why I've booked my van with Ford dealers to have an alarm installed. I've have had no break in my vehicle for over 12 years.

But you have just told me to wake up , security don't do anything

FFS ,mate good luck .
Old 06-07-2015, 11:20 PM
ayaz

If it helps as a deterrence then good, desperate times, mate I'm not a genius in this field.... I'll put an alarm, it may work it may not, if it doesn't I'll get your mate in the advert to make my van bomb proof! If that doesn't work, I'll strap an uzi 9mm to the sliding door switch, mate if that doesn't work, I'll give up my career and post my cv to tescos as a bean stacker! Cut me some flipping slack Jack. I've just had my van robbed. I haven't advertised to thieves come get my tools, I haven't left my doors open, people don't see what goes in my van and what doesn't like some of you have suggested, taking tools into your house which I feel poses more of a risk..... potential thieves seeing good brands whizzing into your house.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:22 PM
ayaz

Anyway buddies, time for my kip, feel like I have to convince people that I haven't done anything wrong! Bring back harsher punishments then there would be no need for these threads.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:25 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

He's not my mate , 20 sec search on the net and that came up . Your not a genius in this field but your living is in your van, I get the if they want it they will take it, but why make it easy .

I may be sounding harsh ,I do feel for you as again they have nicked your living . Google van security in your area and get it sorted .

Last edited by Harris.; 06-07-2015 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:31 PM
ayaz

He's not my mate , 20 sec search on the net and that came up . Your not a genius in this field but your living is in your van, I get the if they want it they will take it, but why make it easy .

I may be sounding harsh ,I do feel for you as again they have nicked your living . Google van security in your area and get it sorted .
Cheers bud..... Oh I know he wasn't your mate I was just having a dig... Anyway night night......

Good night John boy..... in those days they would have laughed at the thought of locking your front door.... how the world has changed. Anyhoo.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:41 PM
Cos500
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Agree with Harris on this thread, sick of people's cop out " if thieves want it they'll take it" yes they might but ffs do you best to deter or slow them down and if they do succeed have adequate cover, as you say it's your livelihood it should be protected.

At least reading all this crap I've found a new security device for my cossie, just park a van infront of the garage full of tools.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:47 PM
ayaz

Originally Posted by Cos500
Agree with Harris on this thread, sick of people's cop out " if thieves want it they'll take it" yes they might but ffs do you best to deter or slow them down and if they do succeed have adequate cover, as you say it's your livelihood it should be protected.

At least reading all this crap I've found a new security device for my cossie, just park a van infront of the garage full of tools.
Your probably right buddy, they would obviously go for the most expensive items! My tools......
Old 07-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Cos500

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Your probably right buddy, they would obviously go for the most expensive items! My tools......
This is passionford, do you have a ford or are you just here to bleat about your tools?
I'm gutted for you they are gone, I have friends that have own business that are nothing without a van and tools so I will forgive you for that post : )
Old 07-07-2015, 09:25 AM
ayaz

Originally Posted by Cos500
This is passionford, do you have a ford or are you just here to bleat about your tools?
I'm gutted for you they are gone, I have friends that have own business that are nothing without a van and tools so I will forgive you for that post : )
Matey I forgive you too.... for suggesting parking a van full of tools (a man's livelihood) to protect your car from being stolen.... Yes I have a Ford Transit. I also own my own business.....
Old 07-07-2015, 09:29 AM
ayaz

The reason why I initially started this thread was not to bang on about my tools, but I wanted to know if there were other victims out there that have experienced their van being broken into without any physical damage, when you get readers suggesting that your actions are 'silly' or 'idiotic ' then naturally one does and have the right to defend themselves no matter if the topic is side tracked.......

Last edited by ayaz; 07-07-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old 18-01-2017, 09:08 PM
Whateverwhogivesashite
Virgin

Default 2011 and above model year beware.....

I have suffered the same and have since heard of dozens of similar.
Apparently if a pipette of water is squirted into the lock it activates a sensor designed to safeguard driver and passengers from drowning. The vehicle thinks it is submerged in water and opens all the doors to ensure safe escape....

Has anyone else heard of this, I have spoken to a Ford garage about it.
I am also aware that an admission of guilt would cost the company a considerable amount.

That said Ford can afford it more than I can and if it is the case it will be the first of a string of similar offences.........
Old 18-01-2017, 10:36 PM
Wessa
Regular Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry to hear about the theft Ayaz, complete scum cnuts.. its so rife in the uk, has been for years. A mate of mine recently had his van broken into, same story. All you can do is prevent this as much as possible. With the prevention being so good on vehicles now, the next option for them is to break into the house and take the keys, which they have been doing for a few years too now. So it doesn't matter how many alarms etc you have, they have the keys. That trend started when they targeted "to order" cars.

On a lighter note..
Since living in New Zealand ive kinda forgot how bad it is there..
Here, no one has additional car alarms, Ive not seen anything with a tracker on anything.. its not uncommon for people to leave their car doors unlocked with keys in the ignition on their driveways overnight in the smaller towns and they will leave their cars running whilst in the sweet shop etc.. Completley different here and thank fuk for that.. One of many reasons why i came..

Last edited by Wessa; 18-01-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 18-01-2017, 10:46 PM
mk3ste
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2015

Old 2015 thread
Old 18-01-2017, 11:19 PM
Wessa
Regular Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mk3ste
Old 2015 thread
Im sure not much has changed since then
Old 20-01-2017, 06:56 PM
JasonPD

Received 101 Likes on 97 Posts

Apart from the op was given such a hard time I doubt he'll be back anytime soon...
Old 20-01-2017, 08:57 PM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonPD
Apart from the op was given such a hard time I doubt he'll be back anytime soon...
I've never heard of anyone removing all their tools out their van at night, where are you supposed to put them lol?

They do however need better security as ford are complete useless at securing the vehicles they sell.
Old 21-01-2017, 10:06 AM
Fullflush
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Wonder if he got paid out in the end?