General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Capri Perana documentation

Search this Thread

Old 22-06-2015, 09:57 AM
dalla
Dreaming of a N/A YB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Capri Perana documentation

Hi there

My name is Dennis and i live in Denmark.
I am writing this because, my big dream is a Capri Perana V8. The South African "monster" built by Basil Green in Edenvale outside Johannesburg.
My problem then is finding one, as i live in Denmark. However i have reached the conclusion, that because i also want to use it in Historic racing, it would be best to "make/build" my own from a Normal Capri mk 1 shell, and not sacrifize an original car.
However this gives me another problem, as i want to use the car in a classic hillclimb series here in Denmark. This requires the car to be street legal.
But in the Denmark the rules for modifyed cars are VERY strict, and a conversion like this, would require an official technical certificate from Ford, stating that they Authorized the Capri Perana V8. I don't know if something like this exists, but i know that Volvo and Volkswagen have made something similar on some of their cars. So what i am after is generally a Technical Certificate on the Perana V8, Stating the specifications of the car and the modifications compared to the stock Capri 3Litre V6.
And another thing. I have found a 1.3 Capri mk1 that is a good candidate for restoration. But then i would also have to be able to document the differences from this shell compared to a V6 shell. Have you ever seen any documentation in this regard? Or do you think that it is possible for Ford/Ford Heritage to make such documents?
It is no problem if i have to pay for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope to hear from you.

Very kind regards
Dennis Overgaard Nielsen
Denmark
Old 25-06-2015, 11:18 AM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts
Default Capri Perana documentation

Shame so many rules over there! In England u can pretty much build what u want as long as it has an mot lol
Old 25-06-2015, 11:46 AM
STeve

Received 864 Likes on 692 Posts

seen a few of these in the flesh as I used to be part of capri club international with my RS 3.1 & 3000s, I would perhaps try specific capri clubs or old skool ford for the information you require but tbh there was never a great deal of information about these cars even when new
Old 29-06-2015, 05:21 PM
ossie cossie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

quite few of these here in OZ, yellow and black i think.