General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Selfish neighbour door dinking my cars???

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 09:27 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

I had that the other week
Bloke parked his van outside my house with the rear end sticking 2 foot over our drive
The council said that not only couldn't they give him a ticket they could do nothing as my dropped kerb wasn't registered to just my house (its shared) but they only enforce when the wheels are outside of the markings
It was a lwb transit so it had a massive overhang on the rear
And the fucker had gone to India on holiday for 6 weeks
Needless to say the van was moved a few days later
Old 03-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

shows what kind of cunt some people are to think its ok to leave a vehicle blocking someones drive while they know they are going to be away for 6 weeks!!
Old 03-06-2015, 11:50 AM
42Haya
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gingerturbo
It's crap m8 even having a detached house with driveway, you still get dickheads that park in front of your house, or if you park outside they park so close up your arse you can't move

Be even more of an cunt and park so close to there door that they can't get in and video it so you have proof of damage
When I first moved in to my detatched house I had a family a few doors down keep parking their work vans (2 of them) or corsa opposite my driveway close enough to be an issue reversing on to my property. Apparently the previous owners had told them to park elsewhere so I guess they were trying it on.

Being new to the area I kindly asked them to move back a bit and left notes etc, what I found out that there was another house telling them they're too far back and need to move forward. It was turning out to be a parking tug of war lol.

The family live in a semi with an allocated garage with space in front of it opposite their house. In total they have 2 work vans and 2 cars. There is parking at the end of the street within view for visitors etc as its in a cul-de-sac. So the obvious thing to do if you don't have space for all the vehicles is to park at the end of the street, but clearly the 20 second walk is too much.

Long story short I had a small barney with them installed a camera and have never had a problem ever since.

Some people just need to be told. 1st world problems.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:44 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Reminded of this thread yesterday.. Polished my STI last weekend and it hasn't moved since, got covered in bird crap under my tree so washed it off yesterday. What do I find, a bloody dent in my passenger door about 10cm wide! I know it was my neighbour as they have a drive next to me! Car hasn't moved since I polished it last week so I know it's happened there. Funny thing is, the last couple of days they've not been parking on the drive, but outside their house. Subtle, like 'it wasn't us we don't park there' But what can you do! Not on purpose I know but be nice if they came and said something, I wouldn't have given a fuck if they had (as shit happens) but bit pissed off and it's a right shiner!