General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Santa pod

Search this Thread

Old 20-04-2015, 08:40 AM
Pf-Lee
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by STEG_3dr
I look forward to going to a Passion Ford organised show soon.
2 posts in eight years wow you almost a regular
Old 20-04-2015, 09:09 AM
Ford-fan
Virgin

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Surly the point of these shows are for people sharing similar interests to have a nice day out, not moan about the show and slate the hard working people who have put the show on for us.

If you don't enjoy the show why continue to go year after year.

I personally thought the show was fantastic, much improved on previous years. More to see and do. I agree that there was more there than most other shows too.

The weather can not be helped and for those who did stay to the end it brightened up.

Well done to those who put the effort in to make it a good show.
The following 3 users liked this post by Ford-fan:
Moonstone Steve. (20-04-2015), Ridgey (20-04-2015), STAFFY OWNER (20-04-2015)
Old 20-04-2015, 09:16 AM
Pf-Lee

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Ford fan your missing the point we have given this show years a chance to improove but its simply has got worse hence why many of us contacted 1-pd telling him this so in reply to your quote " if you dont enjoy the show why continue to go year after year" we wont thats the point and our events man has supported us on that.
Old 20-04-2015, 09:37 AM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Barber
nice one steve

actually we had a bigger attendance than the last 3 yrs

more cars
more pay on the day
more attractions

as for being dull im sure your only talking about the weather as i dont think the show was dull at all

i havnt spoken to anyone who said it was a crap day appart from you

i will make central group aware of your feelings and let them know you no longer want to attend

thats fine

thanks for the support mate

all shows are in decline and need help so attitude like yours will just stop the shows .what will we do then ?
I am also one for giving shows a chance, I was not going to attend this year until I heard that you had opened it up to all brands so thought so would give it another shout. By 1pm, I saw 2 stands starting to shut up shop as they had not seen enough people in the area to continue wasting their time (and that was pretty much said by one of them to me when I asked him).

No, the weather did not help you too much, but I could not see the feet on the ground that you are talking about.

Going back a quite a few years, I used to help run the biggest static motorcycle show in Europe which was held over 2 days and took and week to assemble and finish. You could always tell if it was working by looking at the stands and talking to the traders.

Unfortunately, yesterday. Neither of those was there in sufficient quantities IMO.

I do genuinely wish you the best of luck with the show and hope that it does improve, but I think you do need to tweak it some more
Old 20-04-2015, 09:41 AM
STEG_3dr
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1-PD
seeing as we are not a club and do NOT charge people membership fees leaving them to freely choose who they want to attend events with thats a very naive and ill informed comment.

That's fair enough, we don't charge membership fee's either or make members only show their cars with th group.

I don't want to get into a big online disagreement. So if any one has any ideas to how we can improve the show then let us know as we are always looking for ways to make the show better.
Old 20-04-2015, 10:50 AM
Perfmr2
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I for one enjoyed the show very much. I travel down from Northumberland every year for this, and many other shows at The Pod. Thought this year was busier than last year, and bar the cold (cant be help), had a great day. Where was the passionford stand?, I kept a eye out but couldnt see it. That said, I prob took pics of the cars without realising. Ill go next year, and Im looking forward to the new Fordfest show, as well as Classic Ford.
The following users liked this post:
STAFFY OWNER (20-04-2015)
Old 20-04-2015, 12:08 PM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Same here been going for 10 years and won't stop going still enjoy it even though it's not as big a show as it used too.
Biggest disappointment was the strip for me as it was on stop on and off most of the day most of the time for no reason other than the crew over reacting. Was also disappointed with some of the cars claiming big power but doing slow times!
Old 20-04-2015, 01:13 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by lee2cossies
Same here been going for 10 years and won't stop going still enjoy it even though it's not as big a show as it used too.
Biggest disappointment was the strip for me as it was on stop on and off most of the day most of the time for no reason other than the crew over reacting. Was also disappointed with some of the cars claiming big power but doing slow times!

that cant always be helped though, when I went with the supra I was pullings 11s/12s but I was trapping in the 130s, just lol
Old 20-04-2015, 07:18 PM
DangerousBryan

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Think I only saw 5 or 6 none Ford's on show so I don't think the message got round to the other clubs. Also Paul swift did exactly the same show he did at Ford fair,except his dad wasn't there so he was the only stunt driver. He is good but he needs another stunt driver to work with. There were plenty of gaps on the stands throughout the day and not many cars left after 14.30.
Old 20-04-2015, 07:37 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by DangerousBryan
Think I only saw 5 or 6 none Ford's on show so I don't think the message got round to the other clubs. Also Paul swift did exactly the same show he did at Ford fair,except his dad wasn't there so he was the only stunt driver. He is good but he needs another stunt driver to work with. There were plenty of gaps on the stands throughout the day and not many cars left after 14.30.
We had 2 VW Golfs on our stand, mine included and I saw a GTR plus and Renault on others, but not many others.

I saw a couple of stands that only had 1 car on them, including an RSOC region IIRC. The stand next to us was booked for 11 but I never saw more than 5.
Old 20-04-2015, 08:11 PM
RSMK4TURBO

Received 97 Likes on 94 Posts

I for one enjoyed it, nice selection of fast fords.
Old 20-04-2015, 08:21 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

I think that the organisers do a good job considering the uncertainty of the weather, if it had of been a lovely day with temperatures in the 20s it would have been heaving. There was a lot of cars to look around so I doubt that the absence of the PassionFord stand next year will worry many people and I bet the same people that put their cars on the PassionFord stand will just put their cars on local group stands instead.
This is not a dig at Steve but so far the people posting negative comments have failed to come up with any positive suggestions. Also Steve, I would have thought that with your experience in organising the PassionFord stands you would be one of the best people to offer suggestions on how to possibly raise the profile and attendance of this show. As I said before this is not intended as a dig at anyone but it's easy to moan and be negative but how about offering support and suggestions as we are all supposedly Ford fans so anything that can be done to improve a predominantly Ford show has got to be in the interests of all of us.
Ridgey (21-04-2015)
Old 20-04-2015, 09:17 PM
BIL N KEL

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry but I don't see why people are coming on here jumping down Stevens throat for all he has said is what he's been told about the show. I have organised this show for passionford for the couple of years as Steve doesn't attend this show. I was very disappointed with the show this year and most likely won't attend next year. IMHO this show has been in decline for the last few years, I've been attending for around 10yrs but I would say this was by far the worst for attendances. The trade area was near enough empty, club stands were empty or only partially filled (unlike the passionford stand where we ran out of room to park the 30+ cars we had there) and I didn't think there was even that many people there. I know the weather wasn't great and would of put some people off but I was still dissapointed with the turnout.
I know there is a lot of work gone into the show by many people and I regularly speak to one of them who helps organise it. It's not the organisers fault people don't go so what are they meant to do? I used to love this show as its the first of the season and get to see what everyone's been up to over the winter months but unfortunately there wasn't a lot to catch up on so I left around 1pm as I'd walked round 3 times by then and seen everything.
STeve (21-04-2015)
Old 20-04-2015, 09:19 PM
BIL N KEL

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I think with there being a new ford show at the pod later in the year people may have decided to give central show a miss and go there instead.
Old 20-04-2015, 09:46 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by cossiestu
Sorry, not too keen on that.... Maybe a combination of the colour and the chrome effect? Possibly, if in blue or something?

Bit 'marmite', that...
As I said mate, the picture doesn't do it justice, it looked amazing in the flesh. About a year ago my mrs took her car to a guy to have the rear windows tinted and whilst we were there I asked him for any suggestions regarding my car as he also does vehicle wrapping and he suggested wrapping it with a pale blue reflective wrap and after seeing this car it's really got me thinking.
Old 20-04-2015, 10:02 PM
cossiestu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 150 Likes on 146 Posts

I think blue would definatly look better!? I bet it would look really good in the sun!?
Old 20-04-2015, 10:44 PM
jessie_rs
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Central day has always been a tough one due to the time and unpredictable weather.

Last years show really was a quiet one! We arrived late after 12pm and others were leaving. The show was empty, very few cars on stands and the strip pretty much empty.

This year was actually a really busy show compared to last years. Cars all the way up to the garage at the top, lots of other bits, strip queue filled with cars. Trade stands were again quite empty but first show of the year the time of the year and weather you cant really blame them.

I thought overall there was a real effort made and thought it was pretty good! Its something to do on a Sunday.
Old 21-04-2015, 05:17 AM
STeve

Received 864 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
I think that the organisers do a good job considering the uncertainty of the weather, if it had of been a lovely day with temperatures in the 20s it would have been heaving. There was a lot of cars to look around so I doubt that the absence of the PassionFord stand next year will worry many people and I bet the same people that put their cars on the PassionFord stand will just put their cars on local group stands instead.
This is not a dig at Steve but so far the people posting negative comments have failed to come up with any positive suggestions. Also Steve, I would have thought that with your experience in organising the PassionFord stands you would be one of the best people to offer suggestions on how to possibly raise the profile and attendance of this show. As I said before this is not intended as a dig at anyone but it's easy to moan and be negative but how about offering support and suggestions as we are all supposedly Ford fans so anything that can be done to improve a predominantly Ford show has got to be in the interests of all of us.
I respect your opinion fella and I too expect some of those from pf that do like the show to maybe jump on another clubs stand if wishing to go next year as thats fine and in fact is one of the beautys of passionford as we think its great to have the ability to choose to suit yourselves, as you know we do not charge membership fees like ALL the big clubs so you have that total freedom of movement, there was a time I would have walked accross hot coals to help & promote other clubs but sadly thats in the past due to backstabbing/slander & harrasment so as a result I look after passionford solely now, Bil has done a great job for the last 2 years in sorting out a stand at this show and when a dedicated ford enthusiast like him says enoughs enough I listen as he was not the only one, does not matter who runs the show the same decision would have been made regardless, I like the Pod and have been going to it since the late 70s so I am looking forward to the all new FORD FEST later in the year.
STAFFY OWNER (21-04-2015)
Old 21-04-2015, 06:10 AM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

there were plenty of cars there though, they were spread out too much as they were right at the top of the pod, normally there not that far up.

was a busy show I thought, even though the shows are in decline.

well done to everyone who organised it.
Old 21-04-2015, 10:00 AM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

I felt it was busier than previous years, and the strip was definitely busier. Usually the same handful of cars going round and round, this time there were big queues.
Old 21-04-2015, 09:20 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by 1-PD
I respect your opinion fella and I too expect some of those from pf that do like the show to maybe jump on another clubs stand if wishing to go next year as thats fine and in fact is one of the beautys of passionford as we think its great to have the ability to choose to suit yourselves, as you know we do not charge membership fees like ALL the big clubs so you have that total freedom of movement, there was a time I would have walked accross hot coals to help & promote other clubs but sadly thats in the past due to backstabbing/slander & harrasment so as a result I look after passionford solely now, Bil has done a great job for the last 2 years in sorting out a stand at this show and when a dedicated ford enthusiast like him says enoughs enough I listen as he was not the only one, does not matter who runs the show the same decision would have been made regardless, I like the Pod and have been going to it since the late 70s so I am looking forward to the all new FORD FEST later in the year.
Thanks for your honest reply to my post Steve and taking it as it was intended, I also respect your opinions not just in this thread but on most things that you comment on so nothing in my post was aimed at you personally .
STeve (22-04-2015)
Old 19-06-2015, 02:03 PM
t230
PassionFord Regular

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

sorry to hijack this thread but going santa pod sat ,,anyone going? my first time.. any new advice :0 ?
Old 19-06-2015, 02:54 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts
Default Santa pod

put suncream on
Old 19-06-2015, 03:24 PM
STeve

and if not on a club stand dont leave your car in the car park thats if you want to drive home in it that is lol
Old 20-06-2015, 03:35 PM
t230
PassionFord Regular

Whats the most imprtant thing i forgot today??? Bet u cant guess...im such a twat lol...suncream really looool???? Was pissin down...caps off....
Old 20-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Fullflush

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Trust me if you go to pod on a sunny day you will not want pod burn!!!
Old 21-06-2015, 06:47 AM
STeve

lets hope its still sunny in sept for ford fest
Old 21-06-2015, 06:15 PM
studabear
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 204 Likes on 192 Posts
Default Santa pod

Weather was pretty poor all weekend, but at least today was dry.
Old 23-06-2015, 07:07 PM
t230
PassionFord Regular

yeah well..i dunno what happened but i DID NOT KNOW u needed your licence number....so when i went to sign on they were like "licence please" LLOOOOL...they were so cool about it thanks to the young lady behind the counter who was very helpful but i had no one at home to read the licence number as she would of accepted it....

so my firsttime went tits up - cheap ebay zetec silvertop rocker gasket melted on the way home aswell....

goin again on 4th July anyone heading up/down?
Old 23-06-2015, 08:02 PM
turbotrev

Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts

Went on Sunday for retro show, although it wasn't crazy busy it took ages to get a run in on the strip!
Lots of breakages, kept closing off lanes and prepping them, and for some shit reason the fire up lane goes from two lanes to five! Then it's just chaotic.

Cheers Paul