General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

List of reliable cars

Search this Thread

Old 20-04-2015, 08:53 PM
bigjohn0
PassionFord Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I run a mazda 6 TDI as a daily car and it has all the toys you would get in a top end motor. I then did some looking around on the net for horror story's and found no end of problems they suffer from. I have had the car about 2 yrs now and it had 92k on it when i bought it so after reading all the story's and thinking what the hell have i done buying this car its been trouble free for 38k. Its totally standard and still runs the dpf filter so my way of thinking is if you keep the service scheduled regular and a little bit of the usual checks then they will be fine.
Old 20-04-2015, 09:40 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjohn0
I run a mazda 6 TDI as a daily car and it has all the toys you would get in a top end motor. I then did some looking around on the net for horror story's and found no end of problems they suffer from. I have had the car about 2 yrs now and it had 92k on it when i bought it so after reading all the story's and thinking what the hell have i done buying this car its been trouble free for 38k. Its totally standard and still runs the dpf filter so my way of thinking is if you keep the service scheduled regular and a little bit of the usual checks then they will be fine.
Without trying to sound like a coont lol I work in a Mazda dealers and we have these littered about the place with blown engines :-( every one I mot the bottom end rattles on the emission test. U must have a good one there matey keep hold of that
Old 21-04-2015, 06:48 PM
bigjohn0
PassionFord Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The problem with them is the oil pick up getting blocked because of leaking injector seals( CARBON ) but you would know this mate. The trick is to replace the strainer every 60k and the engine will go on to do 300k+ well that's what i have been reading anyway. I dropped the sump off mine about 6 months back to see what it was like and it was clean so i have a new one sitting here ready for when it gets the next big service.
Old 21-04-2015, 10:23 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjohn0
The problem with them is the oil pick up getting blocked because of leaking injector seals( CARBON ) but you would know this mate. The trick is to replace the strainer every 60k and the engine will go on to do 300k+ well that's what i have been reading anyway. I dropped the sump off mine about 6 months back to see what it was like and it was clean so i have a new one sitting here ready for when it gets the next big service.
Yeah that's it mate, always changing the pick ups at our place. I work next door in the Mitsubishi part of the garage (joint Mazda and Mitsubishi dealers) and there forever changing them next door, there's at least one a month that gets towed in with a fooked engine :-(