General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

no revers

Search this Thread

Old 22-11-2014, 12:12 AM
fordmondeo
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no revers

Hello
I don't know where to began but I have bought a ford mondeo 2.5 v6 2002 automatic car about 2 years ago. And recently it started making some loud noises/vibrations around 43 mph, lower and above that the car behaves normaly so I thought it was nothing and kept on driving like that. Until one day when I got out of work and was on my way home. As I was driving, I came to the red light and stopped the car, when the green light went on. I tried to move but the car made loud noises and it didn't move forward as it would. And I smelled a bit of smoke, coming out of the car engine. Suddenly the car didn't move at all, only in reverse. I didn't find any problems with driving reverse, only driving forward was not working at all.

Later on I took the car to a local mechanic, And they informed that I hade to replace the transmission. Even though it costs me a lot, I managed to buy a new one. When the mechanics put the transmission in, suddenly the car was moving forward normally.

And lastly when the mechanics put the transmission in, we tried to see how it worked. And we found out that the shift box in the car only worked when we pulled the P (park) to D (drive) as fast as we could. At that moment the car managed to move forward.

On thing we found again was when I drove at 43 mph, the car made noises and vibrations again. And on top of that the car didn't want to drive reverse.

I really would want your help at this momet, so please help me. I think the problem is not in the atomatic transmission, but in the gearbox.

so please help me and sorry for my bad english