General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

want your views on pulling my RS out of its respray- PICTURES 28-09-2014 ON POST 39

Search this Thread

Old 20-10-2014, 01:05 PM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by limey
thats just nasty.....i'd be livid. i sprayed my engine bay with halfords rattle cans better....
i looked for months to find a good place to paint my car and the same place kept coming up. my paints a few years old now but still looks good. bare metal repaint,all panels realigned ,all glass out,trim off etc etec etc and that came in at less than half of that!! they even called me in to examine the strip down and took pics of the work done too. i wouldn't have paid up front ,everyone i know whos done that for car work has been screwed over and two of them were robbed by the same place.if they want cash up front its either because they know full well you aint gonna pay when its done or their works so crap they havent got any money or work to start off with
dropped my car off ,visited it a week later and then one more week later i drove it home all reasembled,14 day turnaround. was given a price prior to the work starting and thats excatly what i paid
if you can get the car to ebbsfleet in kent i can recomend a proper place with a very good reputation.
well i went by reccomendations of guys that have concours cars. dont worry i will be taking a trip back down there if he does not respond. im not a nice person when upset. i feel more sorry for adam with his black rs1600i, mine can be rectified with a shitload of time to get that primer off, well i hope. got a place lined up to do the work, but its a good few months till the car can get sprayed

Last edited by paceo; 20-10-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 20-10-2014, 08:54 PM
ram
Has a large member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Page 3 of the thread and we still don't know what body shop this is?! I don't get it.

Gutted to see this mate, will take a lot of time but you will be able to get the overspray off
Old 21-10-2014, 12:55 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ram
Page 3 of the thread and we still don't know what body shop this is?! I don't get it.

Gutted to see this mate, will take a lot of time but you will be able to get the overspray off
Don't worry, we'll probably find out in a few months when somebody else starts a similar thread complaining about shit work and the OP of this thread pipes up and says it's the same company as he got shafted by - you know, when it's too late for some other poor bugger.
Old 21-10-2014, 03:16 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
Don't worry, we'll probably find out in a few months when somebody else starts a similar thread complaining about shit work and the OP of this thread pipes up and says it's the same company as he got shafted by - you know, when it's too late for some other poor bugger.

exactly this, op if it saves just 1 person from getting the same shit job then what have you got to loose ? they've already fucked you over its done, at least get your own back by warning others away from the cowboy outfit they obviously are.
Old 28-10-2014, 09:04 PM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

im working on a solution but he is ignorning me, give me some time, ill update. is he continues to ignore me i will take a trip down there.

Last edited by paceo; 29-10-2014 at 05:46 AM.
Old 28-10-2014, 10:41 PM
matthewpickup
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

crap some person has done that , hope you get it sorted out
Old 30-10-2014, 06:50 PM
tpaul
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the majority. This company should be named and shamed before anymore cherished cars get ruined