General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Stolen Sierra Cosworth 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 05:21 PM
skinnylew
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Sierra Cosworth 4x4

Hi guys, I'm not a regular poster on here so apologies if this in the wrong section or maybe even old news etc.

Basically in my line of work for the local council I happened across this a couple of weeks back. I've only just got the pics up loaded though.

I was driving up a road in Sidcup, Kent, that runs along side the Hospital/A20 (Watery Lane/Frognall Ave) and is well known for car crime, joyriders etc.
I came across this: It had only recently been put out as it was still smouldering inside (My job is to get it made safe and coned off so people don't drive into it!)

Now upon further inspection I noticed several things that were a bit odd and out of place:
Toad Alarm and melted battery

No bumpers or bonnet

No engine or front suspension!

Stoplock Pro still through the steering wheel

No gearbox or prop

Now those things ring alarm bells to me, the missing gearbox/front suspension and engine confirmed my fears that it was a genuine cosworth 4x4 as I'm guessing the box and front set up is worth a fair amount being rarer and sort after? I know the engines fetch a fair dollar. Vin and other plates on the slam were missing.
The fact it had the alarm/battery and crook lock on lead me to believe it had been Hi-ab'd and lifted into its final resting place.

As with all burn out's and unclaimed vehicles it is now residing in RJK Vehicle Recyclers down in Slade Green i believe (it was 2-3 weeks ago i reported it to our envirocrime dept.)

The reason I have posted up on here is to assist anyone missing a silver 4x4 Cossie as they are rare enough these days and to see one like this made me angry and sad.

Tim
Old 04-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Insurance job I rekkon by the look of that!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:27 PM
D16PJM

i see this car there and posted up but no response, i have my suspicions on who took it but the police are aware and do fuck all, the same people pikey scum that took mine.

but im not bitter

Pete
Old 04-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Graceland
Like a lot these days!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:29 PM
D16PJM

Originally Posted by Graceland

no i think the car was lifted, hence steering lock etc, how else are they going to make there money but we are all guilty of buying second hand parts.

Last edited by D16PJM; 04-08-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:31 PM
skinnylew
Virgin

Pete you local then? I have my ideas on how it got 'up the hill' but that's just presumptions on my part (presuming it started of down the bottom of the hill in that sort of 'area' if your loacl you know what i'm inferring)
Old 04-08-2010, 05:34 PM
retro d
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

This makes me feel sick as thats someones pride and joy, hmm yeah I see what you mean very strange about the Alarm/steering lock.??
Thats been propper raped for bits and must have been missing for a few days I would say, either they got a group together in a lock up and stripped car. Or maybe insurance job nick all the bits off it and burn the rotton shell but could be wrong. ?

Last edited by retro d; 04-08-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:37 PM
skinnylew
Virgin

Shell wasn't rotten!! It looked to be in very good condition surprisingly! There was a tiny bit of rust on the rear arch lips i think but that was it that i could make out!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:37 PM
D16PJM

Originally Posted by retro d
This makes me feel sick as thats someones pride and joy, hmm yeah I see what you mean very strange about the Alarm/steering lock.??
Thats been propper raped for bits and must have been missing for a few days I would say, either they got a group together in a lock up and stripped car. Or maybe insurance job nick all the bits off it and burn the rotton shell. ?
my car was stolen and found in the same area, was stolen late friday night and found as a complete bare shell on monday, they don't need long.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:43 PM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

from the pics you can see green moss around the badge and side moulding indicating its been sitting somewhere unloved.another thing i noticed,in this months fast ford calssifieds theres a random ad saying 'cosworth parts,large range,call for prices and a mob number.the way i read that was somebody has a large stash of bits but doesnt want to show what he has and wants you to call to find out,no landline number.if my car went missing i wouldnt rest,every night i would be on ebay,the forums and scanning the papers looking for a bit i would recognise.these people must be selling the parts on somehow.i hate scum who steal cars or torch them if they cant get them away.lowest of the low.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:50 PM
WRCjames

If its been hi-abed the telltale sign is the roof gutters would be out of shape or door frames but possibly hard to tell due to the heat of the fire.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:51 PM
skinnylew
Virgin

Originally Posted by D16PJM
my car was stolen and found in the same area, was stolen late friday night and found as a complete bare shell on monday, they don't need long.

where exactly was that. I try to keep a mental note of the locations so i can check them when im out on call out duty.
Incidentally where i found the Sierra the wasteland behind that used to be a haven for joyriders etc. I once found two Landrovers in there, one had only just had the fire started in it. I tried my best to extinguish it and contacted a mate who was into Landrovers. He knew the guy whose they were and they were recovered to him later that evening with only minor burn damage and a blown radiator.

Oh i didn't necessarily mean hi-ab'd just lifted i.e. it could have been with proper wheel straps etc...

Last edited by skinnylew; 04-08-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:22 PM
retro d

Feel bad for the owner as I would be gutted, just like a chunk taken out of me.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:50 PM
billybigspuds
BANNED
BANNED

deffo stolen with recovery truck, doubt a hiab
Old 04-08-2010, 09:04 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

pieces of shit,they should have fishhooks rammed in their eyeballs.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:11 PM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

gutted
Old 04-08-2010, 09:11 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

guttin to see that if it was mine id be devastated wish people could just leave things alone
Old 04-08-2010, 09:28 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Had my scooby broken into outside the unit Monday night,we had a name within an hour.it's some well known local cunt(to my unit).he's a bit of an amateur who smashed a window to get in,he ripped out the ignition wiring and tried to hotwire it,watching too much fast and furious,ripped out the alarm.there was no battery on it so he stole another car just for the battery but the cat 1 did it's job and it got nowhere.

The car that was stolen for the battery,it's owner phoned the police and their response was "he's been a good boy lately and he couldn't have done it cos he's on a curfew",that's cleared up then!!!cheeky cunt cops even pulled into my yard,saw me repairing the wiring and reversed straight off,I never bothered phoning them,I'll sort it out myself.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Jimboxr4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I know the location where that saph was recovered. The bottom of that road comes out right by the gypsy site. Loads have had their cossies nicked around that area. When I lived about 5 mins from there in mottingham a couple of traveller types tried to get mine from the drive using a recovery truck. Luckily my neighbour put a stop to them. Rolls had his escos nicked from the same area from his drive by recovery truck and another mate had his taken from petts wood by same method. Thieving scum.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:31 PM
skinnylew
Virgin

Yeah i was subtly inferring that, hadn't realised there was a big problem with them being nicked in the local area, will keep my eyes peeled. I had a ex work colleague who lived in St Mary's Cray with a Cossie will have to try and get in touch with him!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:40 PM
D16PJM

Originally Posted by skinnylew
Yeah i was subtly inferring that, hadn't realised there was a big problem with them being nicked in the local area, will keep my eyes peeled. I had a ex work colleague who lived in St Mary's Cray with a Cossie will have to try and get in touch with him!
what was his name mate.?
Old 04-08-2010, 10:50 PM
skinnylew
Virgin

I worked with him in various Halfords a few years back, mainly St Mary's Cray one (he was probably more St Pauls Cray thinking about it!). A lad called Stuart Christian iirc, quality guy, knew his stuff as well.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Ginge
www.virtualseason.net

Originally Posted by vaughant
Had my scooby broken into outside the unit Monday night,we had a name within an hour.it's some well known local cunt(to my unit).he's a bit of an amateur who smashed a window to get in,he ripped out the ignition wiring and tried to hotwire it,watching too much fast and furious,ripped out the alarm.there was no battery on it so he stole another car just for the battery but the cat 1 did it's job and it got nowhere.

The car that was stolen for the battery,it's owner phoned the police and their response was "he's been a good boy lately and he couldn't have done it cos he's on a curfew",that's cleared up then!!!cheeky cunt cops even pulled into my yard,saw me repairing the wiring and reversed straight off,I never bothered phoning them,I'll sort it out myself.
Are you the new mozzy?

Fuck me your posts stink of bullshit over the last few days i've noticed them..

Ginge
Old 05-08-2010, 04:29 PM
D16PJM

Originally Posted by Ginge
Are you the new mozzy?

Fuck me your posts stink of bullshit over the last few days i've noticed them..

Ginge

when i call the police i just get some dippy bird who takes the info not the local station, i didn't see or hear a police officer for over 24 hrs when mine was stolen hence why i am not a lover of the filth.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:30 PM
D16PJM

Originally Posted by skinnylew
I worked with him in various Halfords a few years back, mainly St Mary's Cray one (he was probably more St Pauls Cray thinking about it!). A lad called Stuart Christian iirc, quality guy, knew his stuff as well.
if your mate lives up cotmendene he knows more about these cars going missing than we do.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Prodigy4B
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Header tank survived ok!

Deffo an insurance job,it just looks too convenient the way its parked.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Matt carter

That's sidcup for you.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:09 PM
skinnylew
Virgin

I've never found Sidcup to be a problem, the one incident where my car got broken into and stripped on the drive was because they followed me home from work in St Mary's Cray (where they were well known). Then came back to gloat about it! They had thier comeuppance eventually......i don't think he is Cotmandene but i did know some people near there......
Old 05-08-2010, 05:54 PM
D16PJM

Originally Posted by Matt carter
That's sidcup for you.
Sidcups o.k its the theiving scum who live in the surrounding area's
Old 05-08-2010, 06:14 PM
woolford
Advanced PassionFord User

robbing cunts
Old 05-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Dodgey dodgey.Shame another cossie is dead.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:34 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

why do people think its an insurance job? if you were going to that you would normally make sure the shell was never seen again.....
looks like its been lifted, striped, dumped & burnt out to hide finger prints or any other evidence.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Matt carter

Originally Posted by D16PJM
Sidcups o.k its the theiving scum who live in the surrounding area's
You tell me what is good about sidcup.