Garage / Workshop & Tools Section. Given working on your pride and joy is often one of the reasons cited for owning a Ford, post all your garage and tool collection pictures and questions in here.

rented workshop insurance advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 09:13 AM
tonysierra4x4
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rented workshop insurance advice needed

hi all. do any of you rent or lease a workshop and have it insured. if so with who as i need this sorted out. cover needed for cars, tools and equipment etc. been thinking for a while how much money / cost is in there including tools equipment aswell as cars. hardly ever go over there and always worry about it. been looking into alarms etc but doubt these alone will stop some determined "person" if they wanted to get in. could i get the cover attached to my home insurance. all the brokers on the net seem to cover businesses but my workshop is private use only. thanks for taking time to read and any comments / advice welcomed.
Old 15-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Ellis1990
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

All I can say is stay away from allianz insurence, never known a more dreadful charade of a pay out. Took 8 months and I got paid out over a 3rd less than what I paid, and they didnt pay the replacement price, so if it was bought on promo they only paid promo. Stay away I will never ever recommend them to anyone.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Finch-inaCos
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

I have a workshop and the insurance. We went through a broker which meant he did all the faffing about with the underwriters. I simply asked the questions that mattered then went through the terms once he had them in place.

It made the process very simple tbh.

Am happy to give you his details (although insurance brokers are not difficult to find!), send me a PM if you're interested
Old 15-12-2014, 07:46 AM
zetecbeast
Under the car...!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Echo that about Allianz.
A right bunch of sharks. Total con artists and fraudsters so I am reliably informed by a mate who had a nightmare with them too.