Ford XR Range This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford XR Range of cars.

XR3i MFI Samco Hoses

Old 19-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Tiring Hippo
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XR3i MFI Samco Hoses

Hi guys, recently the XR had been showing her age with coolant hoses splitting and leaking at different parts of the coolant system so i opted to go to a silicone kit. So at Ford Fair i purchased a Samco hose kit (both Induction and cooling) which turned up today, very pleased it looks fantastic. However i'm a bit confused by the number of hoses in the Coolant kit... It looks like i'm going to be a few hoses short... I've been looking at the kit with my dad (a fellow ford enthusiast though mainly with Capri's) and we can't see how the Samco kit will incorporate the heater matrix...
Am i being daft? Or does the coolant kit not actually replace ALL the coolant hoses? Surely Samco haven't left out the heater matrix? It's part of the coolant system?! I've looked online to make sure i haven't missed an ancillary kit or something silly like that but it looks as if Samco only do two kits for the MFI XR3i's - coolant and induction. Am i going to need to source individual silicone hoses to finish the job?

If anyone can shed any light on this i'd be very grateful.

Thanks
Old 19-10-2010, 08:11 PM
seanny 94 si

hiya mate as far as i no the samco hose kit only does the engine bay. on my fiesta they go in to and out of the matrix but not the matrix hoeses themselve. prob because they dont get the punishment that the othere do in the engne bay.
Old 19-10-2010, 08:14 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the kit is only a few hoses, not every single one
Old 19-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Tiring Hippo
Virgin

Okay, cheers guys. I'll look into getting some individual silicone hoses to finish the job.
Old 19-10-2010, 08:58 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when ive got hose kits there are usually lots missing but i have had every single hose in the bay by samco, its very strange as i could never buy them but i found them on cars i broke
even the inlet/ooil cooler little hoses and the turbo water return!! samco say they never made them (ages ago when i asked for another!) had samco stickers on tho and were very nice, maybe someone who worked there made em for a pal? i havent a clue