Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

2WD Cosworth belt change

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Grant
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2WD Cosworth belt change

I recently purchased a 2wd Sapphire and although it hasn't done many miles since the last change it was 10 years ago so for piece of mind it's next to do on the list.

I'm just looking for advice on whether I should do the water pump along with the cambelt and pulley and where is best to get the kit. I was going to go for the Matt Lewis kit but it's out of stock constantly.

Has anybody ordered from GGR?

Cheers
Old 04-01-2017, 11:04 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

Your right to change it, you don't need to change the pump. This is usually the case on engines where the belt drives the pump, i.e. CVH, to keep it topical.

Martin
Old 05-01-2017, 10:10 AM
Jules44
Part of the Furniture

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Grant
I recently purchased a 2wd Sapphire and although it hasn't done many miles since the last change it was 10 years ago so for piece of mind it's next to do on the list.

I'm just looking for advice on whether I should do the water pump along with the cambelt and pulley and where is best to get the kit. I was going to go for the Matt Lewis kit but it's out of stock constantly.

Has anybody ordered from GGR?

Cheers
I would change the belts and tensioner, no need to replace the waterpump unless it is not working, the reason why Matt Lewis has it listed as he was waiting on new stock the last time I spoke regarding one.

GGR are good, but then im quite lucky as they are only two miles away, sometimes a bit pricier than others.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Grant
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks lads good to know I don't need to change the water pump. As they are still out of stock at Matt Lewis I think i'll go ahead and order the GGR bits.

Cheers