Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Ebay RS500 intercooler ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 05:02 PM
kliobas
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay RS500 intercooler ?

The main question is - will this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-RS500-S...gAAOSwSclXMIeh

fit 3dr mk1 Sierra shell (it's non Cosworth) ? Or, would it fit 3dr Cosworth shell (i'm pretty much sure the front is the same) ?

Also, what are your opinions about this? Rad seems pretty decent, IC is slightly thin but i'm planning to run not more than 400 bhp (more likely 300+ on OHC Pinto). Other option is Airtec but it's twice the price of this combo.

Thanks
Old 04-12-2016, 05:52 PM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

I don't think and Sierra shell is all that different. Personally I would go with the airtec, you tend to get what you pay for but suspect this will do the job. You can make most things fit though.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Cos500
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Think it's been covered on here before, do a search.
I'm looking for an intercooler and rad also but after all the years and money getting the parts together last thing I'll do is fit any eBay special to it, as above it might work fine though, if you go ahead let us know how you get on.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:34 PM
kliobas
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did a search before posting but didn't find proper answer.

Now I'm using 550*250*65 but in non cossie sierra the flow is very poor, I need to use the part above bumper also. I would guess that Airtec is better but more pricey

Originally Posted by Cos500
Think it's been covered on here before, do a search.
I'm looking for an intercooler and rad also but after all the years and money getting the parts together last thing I'll do is fit any eBay special to it, as above it might work fine though, if you go ahead let us know how you get on.