Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Sapphire ice and speker builds

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 05:20 PM
killa_paul
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sapphire ice and speker builds

As titled what speakers are you running in your sapphire im sorted for a headunit and dvd player / and i want a dicent speaker setup, i dident really want to hack my door cards as i have a mint set of leather , what dimentions can you get behind the standard door cards, and in the under dash grill ones ,
photos of builds and good recomendations of speaker makes ,, not done a stereo install in ages so dont know whats on the market and if its any good
pis too please .

Thanks Paul
Old 06-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Blue-Oval-Bass
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front kickwell builds will always outshine any door build in a 2 way set up as it induces a form of rainbow effect , dash top mounting can be harsh on the highs due to reflection from the screen. A 3 way component with lows in the door and mids on the dash with tweets on the pillar would sound sweet.
Look at manufacturers like Hertz , Focal , Infinity , Ground Zero and all the usual main stream manufacturers. Its all down to budget and skill fitting them as you can make crap speakers sound great and greta speakers sound crap just by poor installation.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:47 PM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Helens Sapph has Focal co-axials in the front doors and an MTX 12" in the boot and doesnt sound overly bad.

My old Sapph had Infinity components front and rear, Focal co-axials in the dash, 3 Rockford Fosgate 12" in the boot, Kenwood graphic equalizer, 2 x V12's and a Rockford Fosgate amp, an extra battery in the boot to run the system and miles of cable
Old 06-06-2012, 06:05 PM
killa_paul

is there much room for speakes in the kick pannels then .... ?
Old 07-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Blue-Oval-Bass
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by killa_paul
is there much room for speakes in the kick pannels then .... ?
A little bit of work and i reckon up to 6" or perfect for a 4" mid from a 3 way component set up.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:33 PM
mattys_up
Not a Frequent Flyer

I got these in the front of my sapphire and no butchering required, tweeter fit nicely on the pillars.

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...e-xtc5_p-19737.

The sound quality is superb. The back shelf is just a set of JBL'S i had in the loft as i don't sit the back, there just for rear fill.

I then have 2 Audiobahn 12's in the boot. Ive gone for quality sound over volume as at 35 don't want to attract the wrong attention.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:02 PM
T4onYB
FRS chap

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

running 6" infinity components in the front with a pair of rockford 8" comps in the rear with a MTX sun install and amp rail in perspex
Old 07-06-2012, 08:21 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue-Oval-Bass
A little bit of work and i reckon up to 6" or perfect for a 4" mid from a 3 way component set up.
I disagree imo, they are hard enough to get on with the vast amount wiring and ECU's behind each one (If high spec model) but even so there is no space behind them.

Don't make it look chavvy and chop the door cards about (Fortunately the previous owners never did either on mine), but they did add two 6x9's into the parcel shelf, but this too means cutting the parcel shelf.

I am not sure about the size of the speakers behind the dash but I think there the biggest of the lot as standard so to give you some idea for upgrading, but cars after 89 did not have these anyway.

Martin
Old 14-06-2012, 02:22 PM
killa_paul

its already had the 6x9 cutouts in the parcel shelf, i just wanted to know what i can fit in the front as i dont have any fittied and cant remember what diamiter they are .
Old 14-06-2012, 02:23 PM
killa_paul

Originally Posted by martysmartie
I disagree imo, they are hard enough to get on with the vast amount wiring and ECU's behind each one (If high spec model) but even so there is no space behind them.

Don't make it look chavvy and chop the door cards about (Fortunately the previous owners never did either on mine), but they did add two 6x9's into the parcel shelf, but this too means cutting the parcel shelf.

I am not sure about the size of the speakers behind the dash but I think there the biggest of the lot as standard so to give you some idea for upgrading, but cars after 89 did not have these anyway.

Martin
thanns ... mines an 89 so it has got the ones in the lower dash
Old 14-06-2012, 02:23 PM
killa_paul

Originally Posted by mattys_up
I got these in the front of my sapphire and no butchering required, tweeter fit nicely on the pillars.

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...e-xtc5_p-19737.

The sound quality is superb. The back shelf is just a set of JBL'S i had in the loft as i don't sit the back, there just for rear fill.

I then have 2 Audiobahn 12's in the boot. Ive gone for quality sound over volume as at 35 don't want to attract the wrong attention.
the link doesent work
Old 14-06-2012, 05:23 PM
WongRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I used to run focal access up front active through a US amps 4 channel, and an RE SX 15" in the boot of a US amps monoblock.
Now i don't have anything bar 500 ponies and an 8300k rev limiter.