Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

3 door goodridge front brake hoses/konis

Old 09-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
Default 3 door goodridge front brake hoses/konis

Hi , as above are both items easy to fit ?? i have konis on the 3 door but one adjuster on the top has snapped off so im changing both front shocks and why im there i need to fit the brakes hoses ?The 4 on the rear have been done. do you have to bleed the system after ? and will i need spring clamps (standard spring)

Thanks for any advice .
Old 09-04-2012, 10:01 PM
cossie.con
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harris.
Hi , as above are both items easy to fit ?? i have konis on the 3 door but one adjuster on the top has snapped off so im changing both front shocks and why im there i need to fit the brakes hoses ?The 4 on the rear have been done. do you have to bleed the system after ? and will i need spring clamps (standard spring)

Thanks for any advice .

Hi there Not been funny but I dont think that if you are unsure on how to do this it would be far better if you had "someone in the now" help you with the install

Mik
Old 09-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Sonic Boom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Yep you'll need a pair of spring clamp compressors.
Undo the top nut on the shocker while the cars still on the ground unless you have and air gun or eletric rattle gun it's much easier same when putting it back on.
You'll need to take the bottom arm off the hub and I think you'll need the tie rod end out as well but you might wiggle it off with it still on.

Brake lines are pretty easy just make sure you put abit of WD40 on the hard line nuts first you don't want to break one off and you will need to bleed the system after you might just get away with just the fronts but while you'll there you might as well do all 4 and change the fluid too.
Rich