Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

4x4 cosworth not starting

Search this Thread

Old 19-03-2012, 08:23 PM
SelbyRST
4x4 SAFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 cosworth not starting

Hi just gone to start my car for the first time in a couple of years and have a couple of prolems, it was totally fine before it went away in garage, all thats been changed thats anything to do with fuel or ignition is fuel lines and petrol tank. Starter motor now sounds about fucked, turns over then sounds like a hoover so im gonna try get hold of one of them tomorrow, hopefully still get em new from somewhere.

i had spark plug out and its not sparking, i cant hear the fuel pump prime like it would do before either? its got an alarm and immobiliser on it, but from before it went in garage that wouldnt even let it turn over so id not reckon its anything to do with that. ive just popped outside to check fuel cut off near pedals and thats not activated, although whilst looking down there i noticed a white plug (5 pins< but only bottom 3 pins with wires going to, all brown with yellow stripes i think) that had become disconected so plugged it back in, anyone know what it is? havent bothered trying it again since then its getting abit dark out there!

If anyone could give me a few ideas to try/test tomorrow id really appreciate it as its booked in at nms a week on saturday so need it sorting by then!

Feel like ive gone on abit looking at what ive wrote lol, Hope you can help thanks tom.
Old 19-03-2012, 08:32 PM
daz1968
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it ain't sparking then check the phase sensor in distributor as this can break down on the wires,