Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

cylinder head troubles

Search this Thread

Old 23-07-2011, 05:40 PM
royRS
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cylinder head troubles

I'm changing my 2wd headgasket and with the head off i checked if the head already has been skimmed and i measured the height and it was 138.23mm no i checked the workshopmanual and that says original the head is 138.68mm and the max you kan skim it is 0.13 so there is way more material off than that the manual says
Now i saw on the surface of my cyl block that it also have been lightly skimmed
The valves don't hit the pistons but what is the best to do i want to check the height of the pistons to the cylinder block top but does anyone know how much the max is?
What is the best gasket to use in this situation i wanted to go for a std escos one but a thicker one is in this situation maybe better?
Old 25-07-2011, 09:31 AM
chrisa3
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by royRS
I'm changing my 2wd headgasket and with the head off i checked if the head already has been skimmed and i measured the height and it was 138.23mm no i checked the workshopmanual and that says original the head is 138.68mm and the max you kan skim it is 0.13 so there is way more material off than that the manual says
Now i saw on the surface of my cyl block that it also have been lightly skimmed
The valves don't hit the pistons but what is the best to do i want to check the height of the pistons to the cylinder block top but does anyone know how much the max is?
What is the best gasket to use in this situation i wanted to go for a std escos one but a thicker one is in this situation maybe better?
I thought the standard head thickness was 139 and the minimum thickness is 138.68 ??