Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Sierra Cosworth 4x4 fuse Burning HELP Please

Search this Thread

Old 19-05-2011, 03:35 PM
BJ Bouwma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sierra Cosworth 4x4 fuse Burning HELP Please

My fuse No. 22 fire continues. (22 electrical circuits of instruments / controls) I've replaced a few things like the graphical display and module.it was oke for a little while, and now fire again. Also the light from the battery will get burn when having driven a few miles, which will mean that the battery does not get the charging.
Can have the charging circuit something to do with the burning fuse?

Who can help me with this problem?????

When fuse 22 blow's the water temp. on dash is not working also the tachometer isnt working.

Bart,
Old 19-05-2011, 06:36 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 102 Likes on 100 Posts

I am pretty sure I answered your thread a little while back when you had the problem?

Fuse 22 protects the instruments and the graphic display and so all fuel,temp and tach arn't going to work (Should be 10A).

Incidentally the dash illumination WILL still work.

Yes if the circuit is broken (By a blown fuse in this case) the warning lights will not work and as the battery light forms part of the charging circuit the alternator won't start charging, HOWEVER if you rev to around 4K this will start charging and will continue doing so until the car is switched off.

I don't see the bulb causing the fuse to blow, they do so due to exess current so either you have a short or something is pulling to much power, the bulb simply supplies a live to the alt and when the alt is charging is then gives out a live thus changing state from earth to live and to lives means the bulb extinguishes indicating all is well! You can always disconnect this if wanting to test though?

It may be worth disconnecting the modules for the graphic display module for elimination purposes for which there are two, one behind the passenger kick trim and another behind the drivers kick trim (These locations are assuming 2WD) not sure if location is the same on 4x4 but none the less the ECU's are the same, one is the bulb outage indicator and the other is for the unit itself.

Martin