Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

noisey clutch components.

Search this Thread

Old 16-05-2011, 06:59 PM
jonnyc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noisey clutch components.

I have just changed my gear box AGAIN but this time got a trusted garage to do this horrible task. The gears move lovely in and out and the box is great. the only problem that i have is a grinding noise and vibration when the clutch pedal is fully pushed to the floor. if you lift the pedal just slightly the noise dissapears and the gears change with ease. i have also just beeen out for an hours drive and at it seems that this issue is intermitent because at some points the clutch pedal was fully pushed down and there was no noise at all. The mechanic recons that the thrust bearing that came with the new clutch is either the wrong type or is catching in side the clutch fingers when the pedal is fully engaged. I have fitted an uprated organic clutch and bearing that i purchased from ebay. My thinking is that the bearing is faulty or hasnt been fitted properly. what do you lot think?