Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

New VC from Bara Motorsports behaves strange??

Old 06-02-2010, 03:32 PM
I8A4RE
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New VC from Bara Motorsports behaves strange??

Hi all

I just put in a new 60nm VC from Bara in my Saff Cosworth. But it seems to behave very strange?? We have snow here, so I had a good chance to test the 4wd, but it seems that the 4wd only works a couple of seconds when I engage the clutch and then only the rearwheels spin? Is this normal? I tried driving back and forth a couple of times in the snow and it seemed like it began to work a little better each time. Is this normal? I've changed the oil in the gearbox (to the standard Ford MT75 oil) and the oil in the transferbox is ATF Dexron III.
Another thing. In the beginning, there was alot of noise from the gearbox. This also seemed to be less and less, the more I drive it. Is this normal? Now after driving up and down my street for about 15 minutes, I still think the gearbox makes a little more noise, than it did before I changed the VC.
Does the new 60nm VC need to be used for some time, before the noise disapears (and the 4wd are more constant)?

I hope someone can tell if these things are normal or if there are something I have to check. I'm selling my car tomorrow, so i'm a little nervous about this.

Thanks!

Cheers
Old 06-02-2010, 10:39 PM
English
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps check with Bara what oil they recommend to use in their products.