Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

problems with saph

Search this Thread

Old 20-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Daz-rst
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with saph

right all started a couple of months ago when i let the battery get a bit low on the saph. had to bump start as the immobiliser wouldnt let me start it by turning the key and pressing the fob to unblock it. now it was fine this morning for central day until we stopped on the way there at a services and when i tried to switch it on again the dreaded click click and then the alarm going off. fuel pump primes, lights on dash are fine but wouldnt start so ended up having the people i was with helping to bump start it again. had to do this everytime i wanted to start the car.( you can imagine how annoying this can be having to push 1.4 tons of saph cossie along to get it to start!!) now ive got the abs light on the dash constantly so not sure if this is just the immobiliser having a fit or an electrical gremlin working its way through the car. i have the ford standard system and the laserline one which come with the car. i thought that by using the fob to unlock it this should disengage the ford and laserline immobilisers.

anyon got a clue wots goin on or have any idea wot m on about lol cause its starting to get me concerned
Old 20-04-2008, 06:36 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would start with a voltage check at the battery running and not running, then make sure the battery is fully charged before getting it rapid discharge tested, as some alrms can be super sensitive to(low) voltage.
tabetha