Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

cossie questions!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:05 PM
raziislam
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cossie questions!

alrite gents need a bit of help with the below in prep for 2moros work...its a 2wd saph cossie btw!

pic 1:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1127/p1011177hr4.jpg

fuel pump and fuel filter if im not mistaken..under the car ive seen the two holes that these rusty thing goes onto. it has a hose from the fuel tank and im assuming it goes into the bottom of the thing thing on the left...wchever of the 2 it is.

on the top of it there is a red and blue thing do they need to be connected to something??

and with the unit on the right of the bracket on the top there is a nipple there what in the world do i connect to that??

pic2:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5108/p1011178mv5.jpg

ignition coil..ive found where it mounts...what plugs into it? i cant find a lug/any bit of the loom that looks like it may connect to it? perhaps the ignition coil is incomplete or broken?

pic3:
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7027/p1011179tv5.jpg

im assuming that the nipple of the plenum is where i get the vaccum 4 the dump valve? also is that where i get a t piece for my boost gauge or is that somewhere else?

pic4:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6894/p1011180ih7.jpg

few loose wires..left of the header tank cap..what is that for?
green wire? and the wire next to it with the blue top? any ideas what they are for?
and you can see the amal valve in the background..not mounted mind but there.

pic5:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1616/p1011181rn6.jpg

is it me or are there a few things missing on the turbo? actuator isnt connected to anything and just next to housing there is a brass coloured nipple..do i connect that to the actuator?

pic6:
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9720/p1011182la2.jpg

and finally this the loom near the end of the car.the 2 connectors above the seatbelt connect to the rear bumper lights...i know that

not sure where the 2 connectors at the top of the pic go?
not sure where the yellow wire at the bottom goes?
similarly no idea where the wire under the seat belt goes either.

any help with the above would be great....want to get an early start and also get the exhaust and downpipe on 2moro as well before the UTD game

cheers
raz

Last edited by raziislam; 06-04-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

1. Pic not working for me!

2. See pic 4 - the green wire goes onto one side of the ignition coil

3. Yup, i'm pretty sure that the one used for the dumpvalve. Do not t into the fuel pressure reg line for your boost gauge!

4. That looks like the vacum hose that goes to the MAP sensor. The sensor is mounted on the inner wing below the header tank, on the underside of an angled plate.

5. Your coolant return is missing from the turbo. The brass fitting should be connected to your amal valve (Part sitting on the upper right of your header tank in pic 4) Actuator should be connected to the same valve. Brass fitting to port marked C and actuator to port marked W.

6. I'm not too sure, but the connector with the grommet may be part of the fuel pump/sender wiring? As does the black connector with three wires on it. I'm probably wrong though lol

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Paul_RS; 06-04-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:21 AM
jon@work
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

PIC 1 : not working
however :
a.) the fuel hose from the tank pushes onto the fuel pump (unless it's a 044 pump with the fitting missing) and is secured with a jubilee clip
b.) there is then a pipe with a banjo at each end that feeds from the pump outlet to the fuel filter (CHANGE THE FILTER IF IT LOOKS OLD)
c.) there is another pipe from the outlet of the filter to the fuel rail.
d.) it would be advisable to replace the wiring to the fuel pump if this hasn't already been done.

PIC 2
the coil looks OK - the "loose wiring" you describe in PIC 4 looks to be the coil wiring (the blue connector is not standard, the one on the end of the green wire is). check that with the ignition switched to position 1 that there is +12V to the blue connector.
as standard there is a suppressor fitted at the coil - it looks as if this has been removed, which isn't a problem

PIC 3
connect the dump valve and boost gauge feed to the plenum at the location you mentioned. it isn't good practise to connect the T piece to either the fuel pressure regulator or map sensor pipe.

PIC 4
see reply above

PIC 5
a pipe is required from the actuator to the amal valve, and also a pipe is required from the turbo compressor housing to the amal valve. the amal valve should be located on a bracket on top of the intercooler (if standard) or perhaps near the washer bottle if the intercooler isn't standard, or perhaps mounted to a bracket, if you can make one, mounted to the slam panel. the third pipe connection on the amal valve doesn't require a pipe, but vents to atmosphere.

PIC 6
pass. fuel tank sender perhaps ?
Old 06-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by raziislam
pic 1:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1127/p1011177hr4.jpg

fuel pump and fuel filter if im not mistaken..under the car ive seen the two holes that these rusty thing goes onto. it has a hose from the fuel tank and im assuming it goes into the bottom of the thing thing on the left...wchever of the 2 it is.

on the top of it there is a red and blue thing do they need to be connected to something??

and with the unit on the right of the bracket on the top there is a nipple there what in the world do i connect to that??
Ok, pic now working!

First thing is good news - Thats a grp a pump!

Red and blue connectors are the power feeds for the pump. Can't remember what is +ve and -ve though.

Feed from tank is as you say - into bottom left part of the pump.

The nipple part is the fuel line to your fuel rail.
Old 17-04-2008, 11:35 AM
raziislam
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump...any ideas what connects to the fuel pump then???