Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Brand New Saph Shell

Search this Thread

Old 17-08-2007, 08:38 AM
CossieShaun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand New Saph Shell

Been told by a mate of mine that there is a saph cos replica for sale local, its been built up from a brand new shell apparently (still in primer) and has everthing cossie except engine which is a pinto.

Was thinking of having a look to see if its just an old shell ready for re-spray or if its genuine.

If it is a brand new shell anyone any ideas what its worth, i know its a big ask cos i have not given much details or pictures but an idea would be good.

If it turns out genuine I'll let you know but could be pub talk

Cheers

Shaun
Old 17-08-2007, 10:20 AM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a replica right? So it ain't gonna be a brand new Cossie shell is it, even if it is actually "brand new". It's having Cossie on the V5 that makes it a proper one else it is a replica.

And let's face it, the engine is the only special thing about a Cossie, and this one has a fucking pinto in it.
Old 18-08-2007, 09:23 AM
PAUL S
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

New saff shells are very rare now, there were only two main types 2wd and 4x4 - the cosworths versions used the same shells as the ordinary saffs - the only variation is the bulkhead if its built for Aircon or not.

Given that so many good ones are being broken and tidy shells with cosworth ID are less than £500 on ebay, a new unstamped one would only be worth 1k tops to someone who wants to keep the original ID of a damaged saff