Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Tabetha - you rock.

Search this Thread

Old 21-04-2007, 12:25 PM
LINCOLN
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tabetha - you rock.

I have to say - I read this section a bit - do not ask many questions and post a little and have never even been on the same post as you - but have to say..........

Tabetha - I really appeciate your depth of knowledge and willingless to help people without making them fell stupid.

Repect and keep up the good work.
Old 21-04-2007, 12:48 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Yeah tabetha is sound
Old 21-04-2007, 01:22 PM
LeviA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd agree, top bloke who talks you through things and not shite!
Old 21-04-2007, 01:34 PM
SWIFTY

Old 21-04-2007, 03:42 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just trying to do my little bit, still learning myself!!
There are many things I still have to learn, and try not to but do make mistakes.
I tell it like it is, but can be a bit too blunt at times, but not afraid to applogise if i think I have offended anyone, as I have appologised to one or two in the past.
Reading up on STERLING ENGINES at the moment!!, very interesting it is, multi fuel as well.
I try not to treat people as idiots and do not assume they know everything about cars, it is nice to get a message like this, although I get some horrible PM's that fly over my head.
Bit upset today as saw two bikers killed right in front of me, so my sympathies are with their loved ones.
Nearly dropped a right clanger today, going through a ford(river type!!), bit deeper than I thought and nearly got stuck, carapped myself when the water started going over the bonnet of the other halfs astra!!, so put it in reverse and fell of the stone slab leading down to it, into the sand, bit more poopy time.
Some T**T in a 4X4 was behind me and did not want to reverse, and he was bigger than me too!!.
Anyway managed to get out, just and then watched him go through in his rangey 07 reg, and the water was at the top of HIS wheels , so had lucky escape, just got to look for damage in the morning after Snetterton Racing, classic and historic.
Thanks for your kind comments, I will eventually get my cos back on the road if I get off here!!
tabetha
Old 21-04-2007, 04:19 PM
cossiechuckie
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

yeah this guy is spot on, answered a few of my posts
Old 21-04-2007, 04:54 PM
ProjectBobcat
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Yep, usually I dont get a reply to my questions on here, alot of them might seem obvious to others but i find its best to check if you're unsure. Tabetha just answered my alternator question so I should be able to take my car out for a spin for the first time tonight. Thanks
Old 21-04-2007, 04:57 PM
cossie604
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah not a bad old bean is Mr Tabetha....on here and on the RSOC boards, keep up the good work fella

Stu.
(blackcossiestu of rsoc)
Old 21-04-2007, 05:15 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Yup,top bloke imo.
Old 21-04-2007, 08:06 PM
dakar
Advanced PassionFord User

Yeah thanks TABETHA you have given me very good help and advice on more than one occasion and its nice to see your help is appreciated by others as well.Many thanks mate and hope to chat to you again in the future
Old 21-04-2007, 09:12 PM
lewis_lisa
Regular Contributor

cheers m8 youve helped me with my s2 rst and my wee bros saph cossie
Old 22-04-2007, 10:50 AM
mcbernie
Part of the Furniture

yeah. top lad is tab
Old 22-04-2007, 12:59 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

I'm blushing now!!
tabetha
Old 22-04-2007, 02:19 PM
shanemc
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

keep up the good work mate,im still relatively new to the cossies,you've answered more or less all my questions no matter how stupid some of em sounded,much appreciated!

Shane
Old 22-04-2007, 03:13 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

You are not stupid!!, those who don't ask are stupid as they will never learn, I ask a lot!!
Bit like men with map reading, when they get lost they will not ask!!, they would rather be lost, whereas women will always ask as they are a bit more sensible, good job though as have not yet met a woman that could map read!!!
tabetha
Old 23-04-2007, 08:05 AM
kingdragon
Virgin

Thanks Tabetha for the advices!!!!!
Old 25-04-2007, 09:51 AM
MattyRST

tabetha Has helped me out a couple of times with some sort of answer to my questions when i had my S2, top bloke
Old 25-04-2007, 06:27 PM
NEEDFORSPEED
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spot on post its good to show appreciation!
Old 25-04-2007, 06:29 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Nice to help, without landing people with a bill!!
tabetha
Old 25-04-2007, 07:13 PM
waynerooks4x4 cozz

Agreed nice one m8
Old 25-04-2007, 07:27 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

My bro lives in Bedford, GREAT BARFORD, now they have a bypass you can cross the road without playing chicken against your will!!
tabetha
Old 26-04-2007, 03:30 PM
LukeT
Regular Contributor

Yes thanks for all the help you have given me!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:34 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm sorry, but the bloke is a prick (excuse my language).

The bloke thinks it is okay to cut springs down and to drill holes in his brake discs with a hand-held drill.

I personally would not want any information from him used anywhere near my car or on another car in the vicinity of mine.

Anyone wanting more information, please feel free to pm me and I will arrange to put you in contact with some people who actually know what I am on about 1st-hand.

He has been banned from forums because of his attitude and bad advice.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Tev
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iansoutham
I'm sorry, but the bloke is a prick (excuse my language).

The bloke thinks it is okay to cut springs down and to drill holes in his brake discs with a hand-held drill.

I personally would not want any information from him used anywhere near my car or on another car in the vicinity of mine.

Anyone wanting more information, please feel free to pm me and I will arrange to put you in contact with some people who actually know what I am on about 1st-hand.

He has been banned from forums because of his attitude and bad advice.
bit harsh but thats ur opinion,
Well in imo from what ive seen n read it all top advice,

and at the end of the day it only advice, u ether take it or leave it

Keep up the good work fella
Old 02-06-2007, 06:04 AM
captiva
PassionFord Regular

Default Tabetha rocks

Yes thanks from remote Canada, I think I am the only guy here with a cossie saff
Old 02-06-2007, 06:18 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

The forum to which our learned fried refers is the same forum that invited myself to rejoin at x mas.
This would also be the same forum that the secretary and her boyfriend/husband left owing to the way they were treated, my friends CLAIRE AND PAUL.
Paul was banned for pointing out the mods were breaking their own rules in swearing at myself because I disagreed with their opinions.
The gentle man here is just a bit pissed as he answered a letter yesterday ref ULTRASONICS stating they were AIR PRESSURE sensors.
HE used the words accuracy, in the context that he likes all the info he gives to be accurate.
I merely pointed out that ULRASONIC only means INAUDIBLE to the HUMAN EAR, ie it is a sound wave, he then went on to try to attempt to belittle myself on there as well, which does not affect myself at all.
I quoted from where I had obtained the advice so others may want to see EVIDENCE for them selves, but he says he is sick of correcting myself, and the DICTIONARY as this must be presumably wrong as well!
Note I do not need to resort to childish behaviour such as some.
One other reason I decided not to rejoin the FSOC after being invited was because of the UNGRATEFULNESS of some of the people on there.
I used to send out spares at my cost of postage, and FOC for the spares mostly and some used to complain I sent them second class.
I have never used a HAND DRILL to drill discs, I use a pillar drill, as does HI SPEC etc etc, but some on FSOC are told they have special holes put in them!!
He also states he goes on here and is sick of "correcting" myself all the time.
Consider his post in the time he has been on here, and then mine.
I have only ever asked 4 questions on here, so all of mine bar 4 have been to help others, which takes a lot of time, but I am retired so have the time and don't mind devoting it to helping others, but if PF wish myself to leave just say so, I will not be offended as I CAN GET ON WITH MY HEADGASKET AND A 101 OTHER JOBS.
The gentleman is also pissed as are a lot of people on the FSOC that I have a cossie, some even went to the extent of telling myself that you could not afford to run a cossie on JSA, Job Seekers Allowance, I agree entirely, but never stated I was on JSA, I am retired, I am 41.
They even went on to tell me of my financial circumstances ie how much money I get!!
They called my car(which I don't have!!) a shed or a death trap, but declined to ask the one member on their site who has seen it, considering I have spent around Ł3500 on the bodywork alone, it aint no shed.
I have just bought a new turbo T34!!, cost Ł545, recon head Ł504.
I even offered, no did send in evidence of my cossie ownership, but though this is just getting silly, what the hell do I care if they believe it or not.
It is up to PF users as to whether they want me on here, but feel free to criticise, I will listen and not take offence at all not in any way shape or form, it is much easier for myself to leave and will happily do so if you don't want my help ?
You(PF users) decide if someone knows what they are on about, you can usually tell if someone knows their car ie cossie.
I am going EMERALD ecu soon so might post up comments on here when I have closed loop and coilpack, etc etc three maps, got it just got to wait till I make up a new loom
Thanks for taking the time to read this, if you want to pm the gentleman on here please do so.
tabetha
ps just looked 0.66 posts a day, I do 7.33 just out of interest
Old 02-06-2007, 07:29 AM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Originally Posted by tabetha
The forum to which our learned fried refers is the same forum that invited myself to rejoin at x mas.
I'd like to see that. @ least 4 of the officials would veto that instantly.

This would also be the same forum that the secretary and her boyfriend/husband left owing to the way they were treated, my friends CLAIRE AND Paul.
Clare never was the secretary. Again, get your facts right. And, as I remember, she was basically sacked from her role that she did have (no offence Clare when you read this).

Paul was banned for pointing out the mods were breaking their own rules in swearing at myself because I disagreed with their opinions.
Yes, the mods @ the time did break their own rules. They were chatised over it and dealt with.

The gentle man here is just a bit pissed as he answered a letter yesterday ref ULTRASONICS stating they were AIR PRESSURE sensors.
No, not really.

HE used the words accuracy, in the context that he likes all the info he gives to be accurate.
Doesn't everyone? If I am wrong, which I can be. I am human after all. If I am legitimately wrong, then by all means, correct me. I WILL correct someone who I believe to be wrong, yourself included.

I merely pointed out that ULRASONIC only means INAUDIBLE to the HUMAN EAR, ie it is a sound wave, he then went on to try to attempt to belittle myself on there as well, which does not affect myself at all.
Yes, I did. Then I thought better of it and decided to remove it (along with the rest of the advice), as I believe myself to be above petty slanging matches. (or at least, I try to be)

I quoted from where I had obtained the advice so others may want to see EVIDENCE for them selves, but he says he is sick of correcting myself, and the DICTIONARY as this must be presumably wrong as well!
Do I really need to answer that

One other reason I decided not to rejoin the FSOC after being invited was because of the UNGRATEFULNESS of some of the people on there.
I used to send out spares at my cost of postage, and FOC for the spares mostly and some used to complain I sent them second class.
Who mentioned FSOC, I meant 2 other forums. I was gonna leave them out of it. Guilty conscience????

I have never used a HAND DRILL to drill discs, I use a pillar drill, as does HI SPEC etc etc, but some on FSOC are told they have special holes put in them!!
Er, yes you did say that you used a hand-drill.

He also states he goes on here and is sick of "correcting" myself all the time.
And where is that post???? I'd like to see it.

Consider his post in the time he has been on here, and then mine.
I have only ever asked 4 questions on here,
So, does that mean you think you know it all????

I ask questions because I am prepared to ADMIT that I do not know everything....

I am retired so have the time and don't mind devoting it to helping others,
Good for you. No-one is knocking that bit.

but if PF wish myself to leave just say so, I will not be offended as I CAN GET ON WITH MY HEADGASKET AND A 101 OTHER JOBS.
Who is asking you to leave?

The gentleman is also pissed as are a lot of people on the FSOC that I have a cossie
which even your 2 friends will not actually admit to you having, not that TBH, I personally care

some even went to the extent of telling myself that you could not afford to run a cossie on JSA, Job Seekers Allowance, I agree entirely, but never stated I was on JSA, I am retired, I am 41.
Not sure on that one, I'd have to check the records

They called my car(which I don't have!!) a shed or a death trap, but declined to ask the one member on their site who has seen it, considering I have spent around Ł3500 on the bodywork alone, it aint no shed.
Er, we did. See above. And, anyone who gave some of the advice you would have been advised not to drive it until getting a second-opinion. And we didn't call it a shed, well, I didn't.

It is up to PF users as to whether they want me on here, but feel free to criticise, I will listen and not take offence at all not in any way shape or form, it is much easier for myself to leave and will happily do so if you don't want my help ?
So, you are prepared NOT to throw your dummy out the pram this time, unlike on the other forums when you have been criticised? Hence the main reason for you getting banned from @ least one forum.

ps just looked 0.66 posts a day, I do 7.33 just out of interest
Yes, but
a/ I work
b/ I do not need to spend all my time online. I ALSO get my hands dirty helping people

Also, I see you are an advanced user, congratulations.

@ least I am prepared to put money into PF and become a Gold Member, even if I do not post on here on average 7.33 times a day.

@ Tev: yes mate. It does sound a bit harsh, but in this instance, I felt that was justified. It is only advice, but, sometimes, constructive criticism is more of a benefit to the users.

And you are right, take it or leave it.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:20 AM
deleted..
Virgin

Tabatha is a 'Grade A pillock' , he was banned from a 'certain' forum becasue he was consistantly giving out DANGEROUS and INCORRECT information

No disrepect for the 'others' that listen to him, but its a case of the blind leading the blind If you 'think' Tabatha is a knowledgeable guy think again most of his stuff is copied from other forums and when he does do something by himself its all ass-ways

Needless to say he isn't missed by anyone on that 'certain' forum

So MR.Black & Decker shut the fuck up and pipe down
Old 02-06-2007, 08:33 AM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Why not just fuck off back to the forum you got rid of him from?

Seems a decent enough guy to me, and their are enough knowledgable people on here to disagree with anything he says if they find it unsafe.. Which I'm pretty sure nobody has yet.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:42 AM
deleted..
Virgin

Originally Posted by YoungDan
No problem I will I was just trying to point out to fellow Ford owners things arn't what they seem If you wanna be a nonce and listen to his advice then it's your choice

FFS telling people to drill holes in their brake discs
I guess there are to many 'Fast and Furious' types on here if you think thats OK

Your car, your choice it doesn't bother me if you wanna kill yourself

C ya
Old 02-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

well tabetha as seemed to be fitting in just nicely here and the likes of gareth t who knows his stuff amongst others have comented on how clued up the fella is and has also inputed on my questions anf found him spot on

and as for putting people intouch with people that can give advice we are a plenty full site of people to give right and sound advice some of them the best tuners in the country and believe me i think they would have fished him out by now
Old 02-06-2007, 08:53 AM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Twatatha
No problem I will I was just trying to point out to fellow Ford owners things arn't what they seem If you wanna be a nonce and listen to his advice then it's your choice

I guess there are to many 'Fast and Furious' types on here if you think thats OK

C ya
At the end of the day, you've fucked him off from your forum, yet you're still following him around ?Like I said there are enough people on here to question what he says, and if they don't like it, they will...
Old 02-06-2007, 08:54 AM
LeviA

Who really gives a fuck?

I don't care if he's killed someone or made a mistake on another forum or fucked the wife of the owner of another board, it's inconsequential.

Fact is he spends his time helping other people out and does so in a friendly manner.

It's up to *us* whether we take his advice or not.

Jesus H Christ, you must have a sad life if this is all that concerns you.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Twatatha

C ya
also could you please read the rules as its a banning offence to use swear words as a user so please feel free to pm a new user name or i will delete ur acount
Old 02-06-2007, 09:23 AM
deleted..
Virgin

Originally Posted by Jaycos

also could you please read the rules as its a banning offence to use swear words as a user so please feel free to pm a new user name or i will delete ur acount
No being smart here, I know how difficult it can be to be a mod feel free to delete my account as I have no inclination of continuing to post on here

Tabatha started by bad mouthing 'our' forum from which he got banned from a few months ago (he was also banned from the RSOC ) Thats 2 clubs to the best of my knowledge, I guess we must all be wrong

Sorry if I've caused hassle, I'm only trying to warm people (which has been met with great hostility) so I'll leave you all to it

Like I said, it ain't my car so I don't care

Originally Posted by Jaycos
could you please read the rules as its a banning offence to use swear words
I hope that wasn't aimed at just me?

Why not just fuck off
Nice friendly place you have here

I'm beginning to see a pattern here on PF
Old 02-06-2007, 09:25 AM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Please note: Twatetha is NOT me, nor do I condone anything written by said person. PM sent to JayCos.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:33 AM
LeviA

If you have a problem with the guy then take it to PM or email, no point in cluttering up this Forum badmouthing someone.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:05 PM
dakar

Well im with you LeviA this was a post for those who where happy with what advice Tabetha has given out and at the end of the day its free advice and you dont have to accept it.I have always found tabethe to be very helpfull and his comments are always welcome as far as i am concerned and if you dont like it or disagree thats your business but its no reason to slag someone off in this way.But that is just my opinion!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:31 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Sorry peeps did not realise I was banned from RSOC, as you can go on there and see me posting everyday!!
I was SUSPENDED for one week from the other site, but ASKED for this to be made permanent, as would rather spend my time helping you gents/ladies.
I am man enough to appologise when I get things wrong as I have, and have duly appologised.
I am not going to bad mouth anyone, you can see whos has this tendency, despite criticising some on here I have NEVER resorted to insults, I don't need to, I think it show your intellect when you do this.
I also reported only last week to ADRIAN the post of STALKERS as it was getting out of hand with threats, and this sounds like the guy being described, I'll let you make your own mind up.
I think some people just can't get enough of me as they KEEP FOLLOWING ME!!
tabetha
Old 02-06-2007, 08:10 PM
dakar

WELL PUT MATE

Quick Reply: Tabetha - you rock.