Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

help!!!!!

Old 18-02-2007, 09:49 AM
cozzy940
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!!!!

hi guys just wondering if any of you lot can help, right got a serious problem with my wiring somewhere it seems nearly every live out of fusebox is down to earth but i cant find a break in wiring, whatever it is it wont let battery charge got a brand new alternator on it but its just pulling current straight away from battery 2 days looking for it now getting very pissed off with it help
Old 18-02-2007, 11:09 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First thing to do is pull ALL THE FUSES then connect metre up, and watch as you put fuses back one at a time to narrow down circuit which is shorted.
Try first disconnecting alternator and taking readings for short as a dodgy diode pack can do this.
tabetha
Old 18-02-2007, 02:38 PM
cozzy940
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

brand new alternator and i have disconnected it from battery to seperate from other lives to see if that was problem but no good. what i have found in passenger foot well there are two fuse carriers clipped together yellow and brown, the yellow one has started to melt terminals the fuse has also stated to melt but hasnt blown
Old 18-02-2007, 04:11 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know what these are for but take out fuse, and consumer from feed and try another resistance test to earth, on consumer side of fuseholder.
tabetha

Search this Thread