Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

BRAIDED HOSES

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 03:18 PM
dakar
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BRAIDED HOSES

Just bought a set of braided brake hoses for my 2wd saph and have fitted the four on the back axle.The problem is that the two i am left with for the front have diferent ends to the hose that i took off.IF i was to connect directly from the pipe on the inner wing directly to the caliper all would be fine but it should go from the inner wing copper pipe to the copper pipe on the strut but i cant because of the wrong ends.Am i doing something daft or am i unlucky enough to have bought hoses with the wrong fittings on.They are goodridge hoses and if anyone can shed a bit of light on this problem i would be dead grateful.

Cheers
Old 10-02-2007, 09:33 PM
cossiechuckie
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi mate, sounds like they could be for a 4x4 as the front calipers are different
Old 11-02-2007, 07:49 AM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is what I did on my old 2wd sierra, so long as it does not catch it is better when you have to take off calipers as nice flexy line and no undoing brake lines/rebleeding etc, just a much longer braided line secure to strut with tie wrap.
tabetha
Old 11-02-2007, 08:12 AM
dakar
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are for a 4x4 saph but av been told its the same kit.gonna take the copper pipe off the strut and connect straight from the inner wing pipe to the caliper av been told this is the right way.cheers for the advice
Old 11-02-2007, 08:00 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought this seemed a much better way as well.
glad you got it sorted.
tabetha