Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

2002 Mondeo TDDI engine 115hp | Rough in mornings

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Yummi
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Mondeo TDDI engine 115hp | Rough in mornings

Hi Guys,

I recently bought this Mondeo, first one I've ever had. I am normally driving Volvo's, BM's, but wanted a change and something cheaper. I have to say i am actually pleasantly surprised. It is comfy and roomy.

But where i am stuck is;

1. Struggled with starting in anything from -3 and below. So i get some new glow plugs and changed 3 out of 4. 2nd Cylinder the glow plug is stripped in the cyl head i found out. (god how difficult is that going to be to fix?) Good news though it is not leaking any compression in that cylinder at all.

2. Before changing the glow plugs the batter went flat trying to start her up (recharged it and its fine) So with the new glow plugs in and trying to fire her up. I got nothing at all, just cranking over and over. So i cracked the injectors open a little each one one at the time. And this finally got the engine going.

3. So after point 2. I am now somewhat stuck where the car runs really rough when cold in the mornings still (minus temperatures starts great). However, once it warms up a little then the engine runs just fine. There is definitely more smoke now in the mornings as well compared to what it used to be. Any ideas why this is? or what i can do to fix this?

4. Since i got the car, I can also hear quite a loud buzzing noise from the right side just behind the rear door. I am guessing this is the fuel pump. So i will look at getting this changed as well. Guessing if i do this i will change the fuel filter as well. Any times on how to do this the best way? (My firs ever diesel engine car ()

5. This is just our of curiosity really, The car has a 3000 series radio cassette player in it. Is this really what was in the car originally? As i have notices that the remote next to the steering is not working at all with the radio.

Any and or all help will be much appreciated. I feel sorry for the state of the car and i want to get her all back up to good shape again.

Oh sorry just though of one more thing The headlights are look really dirty, but no matter what i use to clean them i cannot seem to get them cleared up. Are all MK3 Mondeo headlight the same if i change them? Or can one just change the glass part?

Sorry for all the noob questions