Ford Focus (All Models) This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Range that doesnt belong in the seperate ST & RS sections..

Mk1 Focus instrument cluster swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 06:18 AM
splash550

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk1 Focus instrument cluster swap

Can I swap instrument cluster from a scrapyard without affecting immobiliser, ecu or anything else? Car is Focus 2002 TDCI.
Going to send original cluster away for repair but in order to keep car useable I was going to use scrapyard one as temporary measure. Can anyone foresee any problems? Mileage isn't an issue because original clocks will be going back in. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:12 AM
mk3ste
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi
I've done this a few times only thing I'm not sure of is if any clocks fit I've always bought them like for like off eBay if none in the local scrappy
Old 11-01-2017, 06:16 PM
big_wasa
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 126 Likes on 123 Posts

On a 2002 is it worth sending yours off ? Just stick a s/h set in. On a 2002 they are not part of the Immobilizer.
Old 21-01-2017, 03:18 PM
eastonch
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Immo wont be affected, they're all interchangeble between mk1 and mk1.5. Clocks will be diff. So take note of the current if you have it and you can get it declared at next MOT.

Some people will charge a pretty penny to set the clocks to your current if you're bothered.

Those 1.5's were recalled because of water / condensation sitting on the PCB if memory serves me right. You might get lucky by reflowing the solder points on the back and applying some WD40 / PCB clear coat. - Check for skid marks & funny smells on the board to identify if it's blown any components.