Ford Focus (All Models) This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Range that doesnt belong in the seperate ST & RS sections..

Focus MK1 Retrofitting Remote lock module

Search this Thread

Old 15-12-2016, 12:04 PM
ivcha
Virgin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Focus MK1 Retrofitting Remote lock module

Hi

I wanted to instal remote locking module in my 1999 1.8 EnduraDI wagon it came wth the module without remote, the pink one

I've purchased used central locking module with remote this one

I had green connector connected to old module and blue connector not connected to anything. The blue connector had only two wires. I have connected everything like this. Sorry for blurry images.

Now central locking works with key. Turning the key for time from position 2 to position 1 gives the chime. But when I press button on key fob nothing happens.

Here is the image of key fob I used. I am sure that is work since I monitored frequency on my Baofeng UV-5R ham radio and it sends data. Here is the image of the key fob

Does anyone had same issues. Or anyone have pinout diagram for the central locking module. What should be connected on green and what should be connected to blue?

Last edited by ivcha; 15-12-2016 at 12:50 PM.
Old 22-12-2016, 07:37 PM
H3lsing
ffoc.co.uk

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

So you have 2 original keys as you need 2 to program a new key. The other reason could be the key itself, over time with wear and tear the points (contacts) under the buttons wear down.
Old 23-12-2016, 01:06 PM
ivcha
Virgin

I don't need 2 key but I have them anyway. I do not want to program key in PATS. I just want to program key fob to unlock the doors remotely
Old 23-12-2016, 01:22 PM
H3lsing
ffoc.co.uk

Ah right,did you check the fuse located at rear of fuse box which is in glove box? I think it's called f63.

This says to unplug cables from the RCL module for a time and then plug back in. Hmm, maybe?

Also check post #24 here: http://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/fo...g.44797/page-2

Last edited by H3lsing; 23-12-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 24-12-2016, 03:48 PM
ivcha
Virgin

Fuse is ok as I have central lock working.

Anyway I managed to solve it. The issue is that I had to hold the button on the key fob for more than 5 seconds in order for it to get recognized by car. I looked through a lot of guides online and all of them said you should just press a button. If anyone else have same issue. Put the key in ignitions. Turn key to positions 2. Turn from position 2 to position 1 4 times in 6 seconds ending up with key being in positions 1. You should hear the beep which indicates that central lock module entered programming mode. Now when you hear the chime there is a catch. Many guides only press a button this did not work out for me. Instead press and hold the button on key fob until you hear the chime again. When you here the chime the key is programed. At this point if you have another remote press and hold button on it until you hear the chime again. Continue with additional remotes (Maximum 4 remotes can be programmed) . One you programed the last remote wait for 20 seconds then turn the ignition to position 0 and take out the key. Now test the remotes and they should be working.
The following users liked this post:
H3lsing (24-12-2016)
Old 24-12-2016, 04:01 PM
H3lsing
ffoc.co.uk

It's a christmas miracle .