Ford Focus (All Models) This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Range that doesnt belong in the seperate ST & RS sections..

Engine conversion

Old 31-10-2014, 06:27 AM
Prickly_buzz
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine conversion

Hello,

I know this has been asked several times before and I have read through most of the posts but still haven't found the answer I was after!

I have been given a 1.6 focus and for several reason I can't sell it, love the car and I'm concentrating on cleaning it up properly and sorting out the handling with new bushes and a decent suspension set up at the moment.

I know I'm going to want more power in the future and I can't see the 1.6 being worth tuning as it's such a small engine for the size of car it's having to haul about!
What is ACTUALLY required to change to a 2.0?

P.S I'm aware it's a completely different engine and the suspension set up and gearbox are different, I'm not expecting and easy job! However I have seen it done and anything is possible when it comes to cars!

Bill
Old 31-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Prickly_buzz
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to say it's a 2003 mk1.5

I may just accept its never going to win any races, get the handling spot on, whack a half decent exhaust on it give it a nice 'sporty tone' lol and concentrate on keeping it super clean?!