Ford Focus (All Models) This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Range that doesnt belong in the seperate ST & RS sections..

2007 focus se 3 door cv axle problem

Search this Thread

Old 29-09-2014, 03:56 AM
chicago dan
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 focus se 3 door cv axle problem

So, I am replacing my cv axles finally, they have made an awful noise whenever it got super cold out since the car was new, but i just lived with it until now. I got the parts, took everything apart, went to install the passenger side cv axle and noticed the new one was a good deal shorter than the one I took out. I went back to the store thinking i had the wrong part, and they showed me in their computer that the one they gave me should be right, but clearly it wasn't. Then they commented that the one for the automatic transmission is longer, like the one i took out, but the one for automatic trans does not have the carrier bearing 1/3 down the shaft like mine has. The bearing seems pressed onto the shaft and is seemingly not removable by normal means so i can't imagine taking it off and re-using it I thought maybe their computer was messed up so I went to 2 other stores, same story. Any Help with this would be greatly appreciated as my car is immobile until I figure this out. Also, the carrier bolts to the engine block with a 3 bolt pattern but all the ones in the manual showed more of a 2 bolt saddle type setup.